Harlan
This release includes various minor fixes.

Version 5.5.2.4

April 20, 2010

·         Fixes

o    Fixed: Importing brains from version 3.0 does not work

o    Fixed: Under Windows 7, if PersonalBrain starts automatically and there is also a link to PersonalBrain pinned in the taskbar, the link is not highlighted correctly. To correct this problem if you are upgrading from an earlier version, you may need to open Preferences > General and uncheck Open PersonalBrain when Windows starts, click OK, then re-open Preferences and re-enable the setting.

·         Localization

o    The installer now offers multiple language options

o    Fixed: Various problems with Dutch translation

Regards,
-Harlan
rwstout
I installed this version on Windows7.
I Chose the dutch installation. That looked fine (dutch texts), until I started PB. Now I get the English texts and I cannot find the place to choose my language anymore. The selection of the dictionary does not seem to be related to this.

Thanks,
René Stout
René Stout
Tiendeveen, The Netherlands

TheBrain 7
J-1.7.0
Windows7 Home Premium / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Moe
Hi Rene,

Thanks for catching this. I have made our engineers aware of the problem. In order to set PB to use the dutch language file. Please rename the "pblang.properties" file in the "Program Files\PersonalBrain\lang" folder to "pblang.properties.eng-orig", then rename the "pblang_nl.properties" file to "pblang.properties" then restart PB.

Thanks,
Moe

rwstout
Hi Moe,

Thanks.
I tried this also before, but it did not work. I got a lot of errors.
I found that this works:
- Copy the pblang_nl.properties file to pblang.properties (replace the pblang, as you said also).
- Keep the pblang_nl.properties, because that's what the programm looks for as told by the install option.

I hope this helps you further.

Greetz, René
René Stout

TheBrain 7
J-1.7.0
Moe
Upon checking with our engineers on this one. The 5.5.2.4 installer lets you pick the language to run the installer in but does not set the language file to be used by PB after installation. If you have your system locale setting set to Dutch, upon starting PB it should come up in Dutch. A future release of PB will allow the user to change language directly from within PB.

Thanks,
Moe

rwstout
Ok.

What I don't understand: My Windows 7 tells me that I'm Dutch. Everything except the keybord layout is set to Dutch/Netherlands (keyboard is Us International).

So how then presents this release(unlike the previous one) the English language?
René Stout

TheBrain 7
J-1.7.0
Moe
I am not sure why you are experiencing this problem. Your log file should indicate the locale setting PB has detected and the language file being used. Reinstall PB so that the problem occurs then either post your log file or send a copy of it to support@thebrain.com referencing this post. We will run some tests to try and replicate this problem.

Thanks,
Moe

jroeterd

I just installed PB 5.5.2.4 on a Windows XP SP3 computer with the dutch installer and got a dutch PB.

What was your previous version? There where some problems with the 5.5.2.3 release and the dutch translation files. 

Moe
jroeterd, this problem is specific to Window 7 therefore you did not experience the problem in your XP install of PB.

Thanks,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software