Spacenexus

Please remove 50Mb limit so that all files can be synced properly.

thanks

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
pthompson
Jim,

We provide a total of 20GB total space. The reason we restrict this to 50MB per file is because it can end up costing us a significant amount of money and can easily be taken advantage of for hosting large videos and audio clips. Is there a specific type of file(s) that you are trying to upload?

Regards,
Spacenexus

The files in question are pdf reports and presentations. There are also video files that accompany presentations but they are all below the 50MB limit as it happens.

If a user reaches their capacity with few larger files or greater number of smaller files perhaps shouldn't be an issue and left to the users needs?

So, some files are over 100MB (data is growing), please see if this limit can be adjusted, or for now put to 200MB which should cover even extreme document sizes (at least this year).

thanks

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
HanBav
Just want to add my vote for removing this limit. 

I frankly think this is not appropriate for a premium service where you take good money for. The total of 20 GB should be enough protection against misuse. 

I still get those warnings from time to time even when I am not aware of having added internal attachments. In my case I have 0.0 GB (!) Internal Attachments Size according to statistics. I just want to get rid of those annoying messages.

I do not use TheBrain for data storage. (Dropbox has better features for this purpose like unlimited versioning and fast LAN update between local computers.)

BTW: How could I get a list of internal attachments including the amount of memory they take? The only list I know of is the report on internal attachments. 

... Furthermore I think TheBrain is unique
regards Hannes from Bavaria
Brain Junky V6.x Pro / WebBrain / V7 Beta /
Win 7 Prof 64 & 32, MS Office 2010 & Outlook & Firefox & IE
PatrickW
+1
HanBav
Just now I have the case with the nasty warning on ***external*** attachments (that have more than 50 MB.)

The address is 
\\SILENTIUM4\BilderDBNetz\bilder\NeuAb2011-12\Panasonic_Lumix\2012-02-01

Maybe the network-share address type is important?

As a result in one case the attachment's link does not get synced, in the other case it does get synced. This is very annoying. I even think I had such cases where at the end even in the source brain the link was lost by syncing back the 'non-link' = thought without an attachment.
pthompson
Hannes,

Are you only getting this error with attachments that are located on a network drive? Does the error specifically mention that it is related to the size of the attachments? Perhaps we can setup a web meeting to go over this issue in person. If you would like to do this, please let me know.
HanBav
I tried it today with a picture 

\\SILENTIUM4\BilderDBNetz\bilder\NikonNeu\20110725\20110721_060.JPG

which was synced well.

Sorry, the error obviously is hiding sometimes.

My Question
BTW: How could I get a list of internal attachments including the amount of memory they take? The only list I know of is the report on internal attachments. 
is still not answered.

jbennett
Hannes, 

You are correct, there is no way to see all of your attachments and their corresponding file size within TheBrain 7.  However, you can always use windows explorer to show you all files over a particular size.  From there, you can select your files to see their file path.  If the files are in your brain you should see a long alpha-numeric identifier (the thought GUID).  You can enter this number into your instant activation search to locate files within your Brain.

James

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software