jostber
If I try to filter the plex on thoughts with a specific tag or type, the plex only show 1 thought instead of all thoughts with the selected criteria. The subversive filter works as expected, showing the thoughts that do not have the criteria. This seems to happen in all views.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
zenrain
I believe this is supposed to be how it works. It doesn't work the same way as clicking on a tag. Essentially it's the normal plex without any thoughts which don't meet the reporting requirements. So if you have a child thought that meets the requirements but the parent thought doesn't, the thought appears as an orphaned thought. Adding the tags/type to the parent thought so it meets the report requirement will show the parent thought.

You can see my posts here and here for my suggestions and thoughts on filtering.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
mcaton
Correct Zen.  The plex 'looks' like it only has one thought, but that is just because none of the connected thoughts meet the same criteria in your filter.

Taking a look at your suggestions now...

Thank you,
Matt
jostber
What would be useful when filtering would be to view all the thoughts with the selected criteria below the active thought.

And why do the inverse filter works correctly, when the normal filter don't?

zenrain
I'm not sure why you think the normal filter isn't working correctly, it seems to work when I've run tests. The filter applies to the entire brain, and all thoughts that don't meet the filter requirements are not shown.

Adding the capability to filter under the active thought would be a nice feature, but I wouldn't want to lose the capability to filter the entire plex / database. The current issue as far as I can tell is usability on filtered views. Currently if you want to use it and have thoughts not appear as orphaned thoughts you have to use one of the suggestions in the discussion here.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
jostber
The problem is that when I have f.ex. 3 children with a specific thought type and would view only these with the Normal filter, only 1 thought of these is shown when I apply the filter.

I f I go to another active thought with some children of the same thought type that I want to filter, the same thought is shown again, so I only get the same thought anyhow I use the Normal filter.

The inverse filter works as expected and show all filtered thoughts below the active thought.

dyslucksia
What do you think of my suggestion here?
http://thebrain.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3712220
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software