jostber
If the Notes pane is hidden, it is very slow to appear when using F5 on a thought with many jump links.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
dyslucksia
Is it any faster if you turn off Advanced Tools Layout? I did this recently and have not looked back.
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
Harlan

We have not been able to replicate this problem. Are you sure it has anything to do with the number of jumps? That seems to be unrelated... Does it happen consistently? Is there any difference between clicking on the tab verus pressing F5?

Regards,
-Harlan
jostber
Thanks. It might also be thoughts with many siblings, I am not sure if it is only jumps. It might also be caused by that the thought has a long text in it's Notes. A thought without Notes, and few siblings, appear quicker.

It's the same if I click the tab, or use F5. This started to happen around version 5508, when the new docking libraries were introduced.

dyslucksia
As you know, in 5.5 you can turn sibling display off. Does this help?
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
jostber
Yes, this seems to help some. Thanks.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software