daniel_sp
Fellow PersonalBrainers,

Yesterday I purchased the Beta of v6. When I try to launch the program, all I get is the popup with the logo, version number and copyright information, but the program won't start (which is most unfortunate, as I need my PBrain to continue my work).

Does anyone know about this kind of problem and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks a lot for your input,

Regards,
Dan
jostber
You can first try to reinstall Sun Java, and also check that it's the most recent version for your OS. After that reinstall PB and see if that works.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
daniel_sp
Thanks, jostber. Unfortunately, now I'm having massive trouble with Java.

(I tried to reinstall JRE 6.21, but it keeps telling me the software is already installed and asks me if I want to reinstall. If I chose yes, a message pops up saying this is only allowed for products which are already installed and aborts.)

I then installed JRE 6.19, but the problem stays the same. I reinstalled PB 6.0.3.5 but it doesn't start.

Pants!

Regards,
Dan

jostber
What kind of OS and version do you use?

daniel_sp
It's XP, SP3 on a Lenovo X61s notebook.
jostber
Could you post your output.log from the PersonalBrain folder?

daniel_sp
Here it is. Moe sent me a new editlivejava.jar as a fix for a problem with the Note editor, but that doesn't solve the problem.

As I couldn't install JRE because of the error message I now installed JDK 6.21. However, PB still does not start.

Harlan
Please try 6.0.3.6. If it still happens then we will need to send you another jar for the editor again.
Regards,
-Harlan
Spacenexus
On installing 6036 my main brain wouldn't start, with just the animated logo processing for 10 minutes. Tried several times with the main brain but no luck. Did open a smaller brain ok. Uninstalled and reinstalled 6035 and all ok.

First time this happened.

Windows 7
Latest Java
@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
daniel_sp
Thanks Harlan, jostber, Moe and everybody - installed 6.0.3.6 and got me brains back

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software