SteveZ
Hello,

After several years of being intrigued by Personal Brain, I finally decided to buy it a few weeks ago, and I'm glad I did. It's a terrific application with very thoughtful (pardon the pun) details.

I do have a couple of suggestions. Depending upon where one is in a any particular Brain, the Plex could be better viewed horizontally or vertically. That is, it can be helpful to shift the position of the tools area from the lower part of the screen to the side and back again. It would be nice to have a toggle for this, as opposed to having to manually move the tools area. Clicking the toggle button (or typing the hot keys) would shift the tool area from one location to the other and back again. Am I making sense, and does anyone else think this would be helpful?

Second request/suggestion is that I think it would be helpful to be able to have a pop-up window of the notes editor, instead of having to access it through the tools area. What I mean is, with the Plex taking up the whole screen, I would like to be able to pop up the notes editor in a separate window for the selected thought. This would allow the Plex to have full screen real estate, but also make the notes accessible.

Thanks for considering these suggestions. I am enjoying using Personal Brain just as it is.

Steve
Steve
Moe
SteveZ,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Quote:

Posted by: SteveZ
Clicking the toggle button (or typing the hot keys) would shift the tool area from one location to the other and back again. Am I making sense, and does anyone else think this would be helpful?

Sounds like a great idea. Have you put in a UserVoice request for this functionality. If not, I suggest doing so.

Quote:

Posted by: SteveZ
What I mean is, with the Plex taking up the whole screen, I would like to be able to pop up the notes editor in a separate window for the selected thought. This would allow the Plex to have full screen real estate, but also make the notes accessible.

You can detach the Notes tool by activating Options > Advanced Tools Layout (Pro feature), then toggle float by right clicking the strip at the top which reads "Notes" to select float. This will enable you to place the Notes tool in a separate window or another monitor. The same procedure can be followed to detach the other tools. You can also place the tools in Auto-hide mode which will give you more screen real estate. However, if the tools are in auto-hide mode they will not automatically pop-up as you move from Thought to Thought. But, you can use your keyboard to toggle them by setting up accelerator keys to put focus on each tool (See Options > Preferences > Accelerators for this).

Thanks,
Moe

SteveZ
Thank you for the response. I've put the toggle tools area suggestion on the voting site. And thank you for instructing me about using the floating window. A feature I wasn't aware of.

Steve
Steve

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software