kbunders
When you share your brain via web client, you share the full brain (including private thoughts!).

I.m.h.o. The Brain 10 must have the feature where you can set sharing options per thought or per link.

Options should include:

a. public (default)
b. private
c. shared with... (custom list of users and/or usergroups)

Best,

Koen
Dell XPS 13 9343 | Windows 10 1903 | TheBrain 10.0.50.0 Pro License 
Laptop screen resolution 3200x1800, scaling 175%
Secondary screen resolution 3840x2160, scaling 125% (set as main display)

iPhone 7 Plus | 256 GB | ios 12.3.1 | TheBrain 10.0.3.1
metta
I would like to see enhanced sharing options, as well. However, my request would be for a slightly different set of options:
  • private (default)
  • public
  • private sharing with downloading and installing TheBrain optional (compare TB8)
  • private sharing with private thoughts visible optional (compare TB8)
shatcher
Koen,

When sharing a Brain by setting it to public your private Thoughts are not visible to anyone, except you. To test this, load the URL for that Brain in a private/incognito window.

If you add another person's email to the text field at the bottom of the Brain Access and Sharing dialog, then they will see all your Thoughts, private or not.

-Sean
metta
Thanks for your feedback, Sean.

However, kbunders and I are submitting requests for sharing options that are different from those currently available.
kbunders
Thanks for noticing and hearing me @metta
Dell XPS 13 9343 | Windows 10 1903 | TheBrain 10.0.50.0 Pro License 
Laptop screen resolution 3200x1800, scaling 175%
Secondary screen resolution 3840x2160, scaling 125% (set as main display)

iPhone 7 Plus | 256 GB | ios 12.3.1 | TheBrain 10.0.3.1
metta
Certainly, Koen. 😏👍
HarmenB
wrote:
Koen,

When sharing a Brain by setting it to public your private Thoughts are not visible to anyone, except you. To test this, load the URL for that Brain in a private/incognito window.

If you add another person's email to the text field at the bottom of the Brain Access and Sharing dialog, then they will see all your Thoughts, private or not.

-Sean

@Sean
i just made a suggestion because of this.

You say it yourself: share through url = private thoughts not visible to the other
share through email/brain account = private thoughts visible to every user of that brain

I think this is an issue because:

sharing an url isn't the most secure option (understatement) for sharing clientwork.......there should be at least the option to make it password protected!

sharing the second way makes my private notes/ thoughts visible...which also isn;t what one wants when working on client projects (my private thoughts should be private for me....)

Kind regards

Harmen
HarmenB

In addition:
nearly 3 years ago i suggested :
http://forums.thebrain.com/post/simple-sharing-of-thoughts-8039272?highlight=share&pid=1291802260 

Quote:
Further I don't expect that tags, types etc etc are also involved in sharing (however it would be nice...but not essential).

TheBrain (the company) has to start with the basic sharing and then develop from there.......

So I only think some options:
1.share this thought
2.share this thought with children (private ones don't get shared....)
3.share this thought with siblings and children

Of course i can think of much more choices . But this is what is essential.....

Maybe worthwhile to consider as an extra input on this topic?

Harmen
galenmenzel
At the risk of being redundant, I'll chime in in support of this. The current sharing options are too limited for my uses. I have a big brain for everything. I want to share some stuff from my brain with a colleague. The current options are: (1) share the whole brain with him, including my private diary entries, or (2) expose all non-public thoughts to the public, in violation of my company's security policy. Neither of these allows for what I need.

Ideally there would be a way to specify a set of nodes and a group of emails to share that set of nodes with. At the very least, you should be able to share a brain with a specific account without sharing private thoughts.
mcaton
Thought level access control to synced Brains is on our radar and being actively discussed ðŸ˜ƒ

Thanks,
Matt
muganga
I would like to see finer granularity as discussed here.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software