joejac
Hello everybody,

The following is a copy of the suggestion I made, if you like it you can vote for it here,

Thanks a lot
Best regards
joejac

Quote:

A Tab for "Contacts", like the one The Brain has for "Calendar", with CSV import capabilities

Please develop a tab for "Contacts", like the one The Brain has for "Calendar", where we can have the possibility to connect each and any contact to any and/or many thoughts in The Personal Brain.

So we can have the contact data structured in a database way with the possibility to order Ascending or Descending by any of the contact fields, clicking over the field title, and also to do queries to the Contacts table. Also with the vital feature to import all my contacts from my actual PIM into PB from a CSV file.

Thanks

FransJehoul

Good morning,

Less is more.

Remove the "Calendar" tab and make date related information/functions available in the plex.

Don't make another Tab for contacts.

All my contacts are classified under the  father thought "Contacts". in outline view you can scroll. When imported from outlook you have all your information in notes. So perhaps you can import your contacts in outlook and then place them in PB.

Regards

zenrain
Ditto to the above comment, especially date functionality in the plex.
My workflow differs slightly, I have contacts under a thought type.

Edit: Once the node types with structured metadata request is implemented it may allow functionality like adding specific contact metadata (f.ex phone #). Hopefully either at the time of release or sometime thereafter we will be able to import metadata using either paste text, or some other option.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
joejac
Dear FransJehoul and zenrain,

Thoughts are random and depends mainly on parents in a hierarchical way structure from a main thought, dates are sequential in an endless time stream.

Calendar is very convenient since all the appointments can be seen in one place, according the way time flows, and time frame available in a day, week, month year and they are connected to their respective thought and with the reminder. So we can have a panoramic view window of a scarce recourse, "time". How can you visualize and manage all your appointments and tasks spread all over the plex with "date related information/functions available in the plex", can you please explain this?

With the Contacts database I could do searches by various criteria and do also sort via captions and with customized fields. I can mark for example pending, followup, etc. I normally do a scan of all contacts in an orderly manner to search for specific information like: last date I called them, last product sold, last maintenance, etc. And I can use the centralized Contacts table to call them one by one in sequence, ordered by name, company, by type of product or service, even by thought and to do sales calls very fast, or send them a template email with variables. Again with the Contacts table I can have a wide panoramic view or a narrow view of a section of my Contacts table filtered by one or more criteria. Can you please explain how to do this in an organized, systematic, effective and fast way, with let say 500 contacts spread all over the plex?, can this be done, with this effectiveness, with your structured meta data proposed? I appreciate your enlightenment and procedure?

Thank you
joejac
zenrain
I have no enlightenment to share, but here's my thoughts.

With 500 thoughts spread all over the plex you could have each contact linked to the company, with calendar (the tab) specific items set to the individual thought and you could also link the contact to other contacts (f.ex a visual organization tree) and projects.
You could assign a thought type of contact to all these thoughts, and in instant search type in Contact. That thought type would appear as a result, and clicking on it will show all 500 thoughts, regardless of their place in the plex hierarchy. Viewing in Outline view may help.
In the contact notes you could keep the call information, discussions or whatever reference information you wish to have immediately available.
Also, individual thoughts would allow you to type the persons name in instant search and go directly to that contact.
Another approach that works fairly well with me is creating thoughts for dates. Some people use days, I use weeks. You could link the contact to the day/week thought to represent when you last talked to them, and the future date of when you next want to call them. That way when you view the weeks date you can immediately tell who you need to call.

These are all just ideas, and may prove to be useful, or may be worse for your workflow. At least they may give you something to ponder or try briefly to see if they provide any additional functionality to your database.

Regardless, if there are others who use a similar setup to you and would benefit from a contacts tab hopefully they will vote up the request so it will be considered.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
FransJehoul

Good morning,

Zenrain, my contacts are also typed so they can easily be recognized by the type color. My contacts are linked  for example  "Nicky" (horse) with  "Lois Plas" (Veterinarian).

JoeJac, read "Timeline" request in Uservoice  (http://thebrain.uservoice.com/forums/4597-thebrain-feature-suggestions/suggestions/69229-timeline) . Suggestions/solutions to implement calendar in the plex

Regards,

Frans

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software