ChandlerBob
Is there a way yet  in PB 6 to reorder the sequence of the child thoughts?  I've added numbers or letters ("a. Thought_name," or "1. Thought_name") in order to sequence the thoughts in my preferred display order.  Drag & Drop would be nice.  I see it fairly high-up on the wish-list site too.  The absence of this feature is the root of serious reluctance to using PB as a primary development platform for curriculum design in higher education.  I have several client organizations who are very interested.  Does anyone know of a possible implementation date?
"To Dwell On What Is Obscures What Could Be" Copyright Bob Hanshaw 1988-2010
rhodes
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I agree, this would be a highly desirable feature. The only inbuilt way to do this that I know of  is to go to Expanded view, manually drag the children around till they're arranged the way you want them to be, then save that view. I tried it but it never looks neat (no "snap to grid") and besides I usually work in Normal view anyway. When you say "outline sequence", not sure if you mean Outline view.

I also had a go at a macro script using Autohotkey which someone posted in zenrain's PB google group which has some tools for numbering and renumbering  child Thought names. This takes some of  the drudgery out of maintaining such a list,  and is easy to use once you get the hang of it, though there's a bit of a learning curve and it will never be more than a clever workaround until they come up with something that doesn't require numbers in front. There seems to be lots of other interesting stuff in there, though I haven't had the time to study it all.

Alan Rhodes
MPP
This has been a long standing request by many users. What is most frustrating is that is was a feature way back in PB 3.  I keep hoping it will be added back but the development team is silent on this issue. You can add your voice to the vote to bring it back at http://thebrain.uservoice.com/forums/4597-thebrain/suggestions/70157-please-bring-back-user-defined-sort-order-in-plex?ref=title
Its almost ludicrous that a product as sophisticated as PB5/6 can't implement drag and drop sorting  in normal view especially for the tidy sum they ask their customers for.

jmopish
i agree with MPP.   Outline reordering seems like an obvious thing to implement. and, to have had it and taken it away??
protein_function
MPP wrote:
This has been a long standing request by many users. What is most frustrating is that is was a feature way back in PB 3.  I keep hoping it will be added back but the development team is silent on this issue. You can add your voice to the vote to bring it back at http://thebrain.uservoice.com/forums/4597-thebrain/suggestions/70157-please-bring-back-user-defined-sort-order-in-plex?ref=title
Its almost ludicrous that a product as sophisticated as PB5/6 can't implement drag and drop sorting  in normal view especially for the tidy sum they ask their customers for.

AGREED.  THIS FUNCTIONALITY IS ESSENTIAL FOR ME AND IS A GLARING DEFICIENCY OF PB 5 and PB 6.   I have more interest in this essential functionality than most of PB 6's new features. 
rhodes

One solution adopted in other applications that would work here is a popup window with a list of all child thoughts. Then one could drag individual thoughts up or down this list until they were in the right position. Then close the window.

In addition to this I would also like to see thoughts arranged by Link Type, particularly children of the active thought. This could be another way of arranging thoughts, e.g., by having a set of links named "1", "2", etc., although this would not be a very efficient way of REarranging thoughts, since every numbered link type would have to be re-typed to accommodate a new child.

Alan Rhodes

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software