lotusone
The preference->Accelerators shows that "Expand All/Collapse All in Outline View" is set to "spacebar."  When I try to change spacebar to quick look (which is the Mac standard shortcut), it say's I can't change it.  However, when I go back to PB in outline view and hit the spacebar, it just puts a space in the search field, and doesn't collapse or expand anything!
Sean
BP 5.5.1.5-b
Mac OS X 10.6
Java 1.6.0_15
jostber
This has also been reported here:

http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3606240

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
lotusone
thanks!
Sean
BP 5.5.1.5-b
Mac OS X 10.6
Java 1.6.0_15
galderson
I was going to make a new thread out of one aspect of this but I see dyslucksia covered it nicely in the thread mentioned by jostber above, namely

http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3606240

Trouble is, that forum's closed for further posts so I'll mention it here. When the green ring is over a thought I can expand, pressing the spacebar expands/collapses it, sure, but also puts a space in the search box too, so that you end up with a string of spaces in there. That's bad enough, but every time I press the spacebar I also get this distracting popup message that says 'No Matching Thoughts Found'.

It's so annoying I've given up doing an instant search in outline view. Each time I press the spacebar in between entering search words, the thought the green ring is on either expands or collapses, which is what dyslucksia noticed. Of course, this never happens to mouse users since they click the expand-collapse tab instead.

It would be great to see this fixed once and for all, also to be able to turn off the popup message.

BTW I'm running 5521 on windows

Geoff Alderson
mcaton
Thank you for bringing this back to our attention.  I'll make sure that the 'spacebar not working for Expand/Collapse All in Outline View' is on our fix list.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software