mikeF
I think the name change from PersonalBrain to TheBrain is great, much better.

Two questions:

1) Is there anyway in PB7 (I guess that should now be 'TB7') to disable the quick expansion and contraction of a thought when you click on it to activate it? I could find nothing in the preferences to stop it - perhaps the 'animation speed' on the 'Look and Feel' tab will have an effect, but I want to keep other animations, just stop this particular one.

2) How do you change the color of the link label?  When I click a link in the plex, and then click the 'Link' tab in the tools, the color swatch is for the actual link itself.  It is the same if I have a link type.

Thanks

-- Mike
mikeF
I see the 'Apply colors to text or background' in the Look & Feel, but while it works for thoughts, it has no effect on links.  The color for links seems to apply only to the link, not to the link label.

-- Mike
pthompson
Mike,

Thank you for posting. I'm not sure what you mean by the quick expansion and contraction of a Thought. Can you elaborate on this?

There is currently no way to change the color of a Link Label, only a Link itself.

Regards,
mikeF
Thanks for your reply.  OK, I understand about the link label having a fixed color which the user cannot change.

As to the expansion of a thought, I mean the size itself.  If you click a non-active thought in order to make it the active one, then the thought box itself doubles in size briefly - the text, the background color, the surrounding border - they all double in size for (I estimate) about one-fifth of a second before  resuming normal text size, but now with the color of the active thought.

I presume the purpose is to draw attention to the fact that the thought is clicked and now active, but I find it annoying, and I am wondering if there is a way to stop it.

Thanks

-- Mike
zenrain
mikeF wrote:
As to the expansion of a thought, I mean the size itself.  If you click a non-active thought in order to make it the active one, then the thought box itself doubles in size briefly - the text, the background color, the surrounding border - they all double in size for (I estimate) about one-fifth of a second before  resuming normal text size, but now with the color of the active thought.

Under Options > Preferences go to the Look & Feel tab. There is an animation slider, as you get close to the Fast setting the animation is reduced (or sped up so fast that you can't see it) and at the fastest level the change is instantaneous with no animation.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mikeF
Oh yes, so it does, thanks.  I looked at that slider, but never actually tried it.

Thanks for the tip.

-- MIke

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software