BrentK
A few of the items in Preferences>Colors control the color not only of the named item, but also of other areas in PB that are not listed.  This sharing of colors makes it very difficult to get the proper balance/contrast of colors within not only the Plex but also other areas such as the Tag panel, the Reports panel, and the instant-search field.

So my request is that you give all areas in PB their own color selection for both background and font.  This includes each panel, and each panel-tab.  Also, I'd like to be able to control the opacity of Thought backgrounds (i.e., I'd like to set them to be 100% opaque so that the color I set is the color I see in the Plex).

An example of where the sharing of colors is problematic is when a white font is used for Thoughts that have a dark background.  Since the font color is also used in the Tag panel, it's very difficult to see because the Tag panel's background color comes from the Plex Center, which is set to a light color to provide plenty of contrast for Thoughts.

Another example.  The thought background color also sets the color shown both in Reports and in the instant-search field.  So when I use a dark color for thoughts, those two areas of PB become much too dark.  This is partly due to the fact that I have to use much darker colors for Thoughts than I should, which I do because the Thought is slightly transparent and allows the plex color to show through, thus reducing the color saturation within Thoughts.

Thanks,
Brent

sjeeke
I also hope that color management will be improved. For instance it is a cumbersome process if I want types or tags to have exactly the same color.

I propose 2 additional enhancements for color management:
  1. The format painter (the little brush that allows to replicate colors in MS office applications)
  2. To have standard colors to choose from (like in MS office applications > sée attached image).

Click image for larger version - Name: 08-12-2011_08-46-37.gif, Views: 48, Size: 19.16 KB
zenrain
Quote:
I also hope that color management will be improved. For instance it is a cumbersome process if I want types or tags to have exactly the same color.

One way to get around this is to assign a Thought Type the color you want to re-use.

Once you have done this, when you click the color wheel icon, it will show that color in the popup window. You can then re-use that on your tags (it doesn't store tag colors as far as I can tell, just type colors), and then remove the color from the type when you are done.
Click image for larger version - Name: color.png, Views: 39, Size: 5.54 KB
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software