randystokes
I'm using the latest version of The Brain with Mac OSX Lion (latest version).  I'm on a MacBook Air 13".  When I'm not in the office (with access to a much larger monitor), I often have windows open that cover up my Brain window.  Is there a way to add items to my Brain when the Brain window (and therefore the plex) are not visible.

For example, let's say I'm in Safari and see webpage I want to add to my Brain.  If even a small sliver of the plex is visible, I can drag the link from the address bar to that visible sliver.  But if there is no part of the plex visible, is there a way I can add that link to the Brain?  (Some apps -- like DevonThink Pro Office -- allow you to drag something to its icon in the Dock; there's also a slide-out feature that allows you to drag an item to a specified area on your screen, where a "shelf" slides out and lets you add things to your DevonThink database.)

Any suggestions?  I tried dragging to theBrain's icon in the Dock, but that didn't do anything.

Randy
jbennett
Randy, 

Thanks for posting.  There is a feature built into Lion that will allow you to do this.  Simply drag the URL down to the dock and hover over TheBrain 7 icon.  After a second, the icon will flicker and TheBrain 7 will appear on your dashboard.  Move the URL over TheBrain 7 application window and when it becomes the active window, drop your URL.

James

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software