activebiz
what bothers me most:
that I have no control over my OWN thought sequence.
I want to be able to sort new thoughts to where I determine where they belong to - not have the brain ignore how I really think.

It's most annoying that there is not a better sorting feature.
At least give us the options to sort - if so chosen- in my own logical way.

I want to use the brain as a website navigation - well, so far, I can't simply because it sorts a stereotype way and NOT the way I need it.

JasonRomney
I totally agree with this. Have always wanted this capability to be able to set the order of appearance of thoughts so it is consistent with my capricious wish, and persistent thereafter. More like Lotus Agenda used to be. Please deliver this soon!
folium
Agree.  I think more like MindManager. When used to MindManager, the Brain feels awkward to use. Its intuitive when you get used to it, but its not fast. Personal Brain need to be vastly improved when it comes to moving things around / flexibility.

Static thoughts that are rarely changed fits well into the Brain. Dynamic thoughts / Brainstorming / add / delelte / move....forget it! Completely wrong software! yet.... but please make a major upgrade to speed and flexibility and I would love to use the Brain also for brainstorming. It is possible.
jostber
You can control the thought sequence by assigning them Types, and then right-click in the Plex and choose "Arrange Thoughts By - Type".

You can also use numbers or letters in front of the thought like "1. <thought name>" or "a.<thought name>" to sort thoughts.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
folium
Hi, that is a possibe workaround, but is suitable only when the sequence does not need to be changed rapidly.
agnor
How would you sort them?

In Extended view mode, you can move/pin thoughts where ever you want them to go.

folium
I cannot speek for activebiz, but in my opinion it should be possible to rearrange the thought sequence in the normal view.

The Global sorting should be set to e.g. sort by name, but it should be possible to "ignore sorting" for specific thoughts and arrange their children manually.

One disadvantage of this method is that newly added thoughs need to go either first in sequence or last, until they are manually moved to right place.

folium
zenrain
The other thing I can think of is it would have to store the manual ordering for all altered thoughts. Otherwise when switching to another order, and then back to manual, you would lose everything.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software