cklamsgp
Is there a way to set some kind or reminder/alert/notification for thoughts? This would be useful as some of the thoughts concern events and reminders to do something so this would be a great feature.
zenrain
If you use PersonalBrain Pro you have the capability of adding an event related to the thought.
Once the thought you wish to add the reminder to is the active thought, click on the Calendar tab, and then the Add button. You will have the option to set a date and time.

As dyslucksia mentioned, there is a request for recurrent reminders, which as of right now is not supported.

Welcome to the forum. Click image for larger version - Name: Calendar_Hint.png, Views: 146, Size: 36.51 KB
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
zenrain
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. When a reminder comes up, it lists the thought in the reminder window, and when you click on it, the associated thought becomes active. Simliarly, if you are in the calendar tab and click on an event on the date view, it will also activate the thought.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
cklamsgp
dyslucksia wrote:
Welcome to the forum, but kindly take the trouble to search it before posting.
http://thebrain.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3493434

Hi dyslucksia, I swear I did a search before posting but came out with nothing relevant to what I was looking for. Anyway, thanks for that. Will read though that post.
cklamsgp
dyslucksia wrote:
Thanks zenrain. Wouldn't it be nice, when opening a Brain containing a reminder (alert), if it opened directly to the Thought containing it, instead of the user being required to open the Calendar first?

I have a feeling that this is what cklamsgp (and many other users) would like to see. Once it becomes possible to link directly to a particular Thought within a Brain from an external application, the rest should be easy.

Hi dyslucksia, you are absolutely right. Very often I want to set a reminder right there and then for the particular thought without first having to go to the Calendar (available only with PB Pro?).  That's why I loved apps which allow me to set reminder for any kind of document, like a picture, a document, a link, a map location, etc, instead of having to always go back to Outlook and create a calendar item.

What would be great is to be able to create reminder like the way we create a Jump thought, set it to alert, set the date and time, priority, etc, and be reminded of it when it is due.
jostber
There is some more Calendar discussion here:

http://thebrain.uservoice.com/pages/4597-personalbrain/suggestions/68908-easy-tasks-calendar-events

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
cklamsgp

Hi jostber, thanks for this. I noticed a label "PLANNED" next to it. So it will make into the next enhancement?
Darkstar
Well, speaking as a software developer--- yeah, it is easy to plan your future features out to where it will take a few human lifetimes to get those developed and deployed.

But have heart. All the quiet from Harlan and his people is usually followed by a new significant release. We've been lucky and had them devote some time to update 5.0 with bug fixes with 5.1 already having those issues fixed. Some were important (some links not being recognized from both "directions"). Others were just handy.

Soldier on! We will get 5.1. Just a matter of patience.
-Darkstar

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software