blipityboo
Every time or every other time pressing Alt-Tab to switch to another application, the Alt portion gets stuck on activating the File menu. This makes the taskbar button flash. After returning to TheBrain window the initial user input isn't recognized because the menu still has the focus. Apparently TheBrain is catching the KeyDown event but not the KeyUp event from the Alt-Tab.
pthompson
Hello blipityboo,

Is this occurring on a PC or Mac? I can't seem to recreate this issue, but I may be misunderstanding what's happening.
blipityboo
Hi Patrick,

It's on a Windows XP PC. Alt-Tab is how one quickly switches between applications using the keyboard. I use it frequently, so a minor issue has become a bit of a nuisance. In all the software I've used over the years, TheBrain is the only application where I've noticed this odd behavior. Do you understand?

screenshot:

mcaton
Thank you for posting.  I'm still trying to keep the File (or any menu item) selected while navigating to another app.  We'll continue testing this scenario and keep you posted.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Thank you,
Matt
BrentK
mcaton wrote:
Thank you for posting.  I'm still trying to keep the File (or any menu item) selected while navigating to another app.  We'll continue testing this scenario and keep you posted.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Thank you,
Matt

reported this almost 3 years ago...

Tracy
Hi BrentK,
Thanks for responding and letting us know you have also experienced this issue. We will continue our testing and we will post back our feedback soon. Tracy
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software