dubnick
This is issue that seems to baffle the support folks, so I put it out for the forum....

My attachment files for a references Brain (usually pdf of articles or books) are based on standard format: authors_last_name + year of publication + .pdf (ex: Dubnick 1987.pdf). The problem occurs when the authors_last_name contains an accent mark or diacritical glyph, example Strömbäck 2008. The result is that the pdf shows as code (gibberish to me) rather than as article. If I take the same article and create a duplicate and eliminate the diacritic mark, the pdf show with no problem in the content area. I went back to last version of 9 I had and the issue does not reoccur, so I suspect it is a bug in 10.

Folks at support have passed this on to the "engineers" a couple of times -- but nothing has been forthcoming after repeated requests. Guess they are baffled at that level as well.

(I know someone will suggest modifying the file name, but this format is part of an extended workflow involving other programs so that would not work.)

Would be interested in anyone else has run into this issue with other types of files.... And of course if someone can think of solution.....

Thanks,

MJD
mcaton
MJD,

I appreciate the post. Just confirming that this is a known issue (documented as #3402) that we hope to resolve in a future build.

Thank you,
Matt
dubnick
mcaton wrote:
MJD,

I appreciate the post. Just confirming that this is a known issue (documented as #3402) that we hope to resolve in a future build.

Thank you,
Matt

Matt: I guess there is no progress on this, but I suspect that is because it is low priority. What remains baffling is why the problem emerged in 10 while 9 is fine? Even a superficial explanation would be appreciated. 

MJD
mcaton
MJD,

You are correct - sorry, no new news. We'll post here when a fix becomes available.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software