gcoulthard
As a college professor who is using PB 5's new presentation view, I've found myself craving PowerPoint's annotation features for drawing on the plex. I use a tablet PC and often switch to my Scribbler application to pursue a thought shown in the plex. It would be far better if I could engage an Annotation mode and freeze everything in the plex while I draw away on a top layer.

Would anybody else find this useful? - -Glen
gcoulthard
Great thoughts -- I actually use SnagIt, but haven't for this purpose.

I was thinking a "temporary layer" would be transparently laid over top of the plex for annotations -- cleared at will or when exiting PB; not saved. Basically, my conceptualization is identical to PPTs, but your idea of using SnagIt may work just as well.

Much appreciated -- Glen

zenrain
You can also link that screenshot as a thought icon, so when you mouse over it, you can easily see your annotations.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
GerSch

Is there any way to send the capture from SnagIt automatically to PB?

gcoulthard
By the way, just as a side note, I now use ZoomIt from SysInternals/Microsoft to do this very thing. It works brilliantly for marking up a plex -- however, it does freeze the image as I am temporarily writing.

Check it out at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897434.aspx

Glen

dyslucksia
If you're using Windows, you could set up SnagIt always to Save to a specific folder, let's call it C:\ScrnCaps. Create a shortcut to that folder and paste it into your Brain's file folder (e.g. if your brain is C:\MyBrain\mybrain.exe, paste it into the C:\MyBrain\mybrain_brain folder.

In PB 5.5 (beta), open its Properties & Attachments window, click Icon > Select Icon File. The Select Icon File dialog box will open at the C:\MyBrain\mybrain_brain folder. Double-click the shortcut to C:\ScrnCaps, select the pic to make into an icon and you're done.

You will have to paste a copy of this shortcut into every one of your Brain folders for this to work. I would have preferred to have said "Double-click in whitespace to bring up Direct Folders here. Most applications get on with this marvellous little app. Unfortunately, PB is one of the few that don't. Similar applications include Chameleon Folder.
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software