rengel
http://forums.thebrain.com/post/more-inconsistencies-in-tag-selection-and-type-selection-9898946?pid=1306005271

Is there any more update or feedback on this issue? With all due respect, I don't take Harlan's 'It can't be done.' more for an excuse rather than for an explanantion. Everything else ('We don't feel like doing it, we don't give it priority, etc.) would have been more understandable.
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
mcaton
Reinhard,

Harlan's previous answer is correct.  Since the menu is made by the OS - we don't have control over it's designs or features.

Thanks,
Matt
rengel
mcaton wrote:
Reinhard,

Harlan's previous answer is correct.  Since the menu is made by the OS - we don't have control over it's designs or features.

Thanks,
Matt

Okay, Matt, I get it.

You (TheBrain people) just don't want to change this. I don't know if you're a developer yourself or if you only pass on what you've been told. But if I look at the context menu of a thought, I see that the types and tags lists are indeed realized as submenusof this menu. As such they are created by the 'OS'. But it doesn't have to be that way. Actually, all the other items of this context menu trigger some other functions - as do the 'Type' and 'Tags' buttons of the thought's property box. This tells me, that one could change the behavior, IF one wants to. The types and tags list don't have to be submenus...
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software