randystokes
I have PB5 Pro, running on XP SP2, together with Office 2007.  I regularly drag email items from Outlook into PB.  What I'd like to be able to do is actually move Outlook emails into PB, NOT just create a link to the email in Outlook.  Is there any way to do that?  I've looked here in the forums and in the various manuals, and can't see a way to do this.  It looks like the drag-and-drop technique just creates a link back to the item in Outlook -- so that if you subsequently move the Outlook item to a folder within Outlook, or delete the item within Outlook, you lose your link or, in the case of deletion, the item altogether.

I'd really like to see PB let you move Outlook email items into your brain, just as you can do with, for example, Word documents.  So, if it's not doable now, I'd certainly like it added as a future feature!!

Randy

NorthFarm
Hi.

Although Shift-CTRL + drag the Outlook mail will create a copy of the mail in the notes tool this is not always enough. As you point out - if you move or delete the message it is lost - apart from the saved copy in the notes tool.

What I do is drag the mail to my desktop and from there I Shift-CTRL + drag the mail into PB. The mail can now be opened again even if you deleted it from Outlook.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
randystokes
Thanks very much.  I'll try that myself.

However, I hope the brains behind The Brain () make this easier in the future.  I have lots of stuff in Outlook that I'd rather store in my Brain.

Randy

jroeterd

Only the text from the message is added to the notes pane. It is a much requested feature on the customer feedback site (see http://thebrain.uservoice.com/pages/general/suggestions/73208-move-mail-into-brain-for-attached-outlook-messages)

I to would like to have it possible to D&D an outlook message to a .msg file and have it be added as attachment in one go. Mayby some day .....

If you want to make it available quicker then voting for it on the above mentioned site can help.

greetings,

Jroeterd

randystokes
Just a follow-up.  I tried the method recommended my NorthFarm, and it works, but only if I close Outlook before doing the Shift-Cntl-drag method to move the email into my Brain.  If I have Outlook open when I try that, I get a message  floating up in my plex telling me I can't move the file into my Brain without closing the app that created it (not an exact quote).  But if I drag the message from Outlook to my desktop, then close Outlook, THEN Shift-Cntl-drag the message from the desktop into my Brain, it works fine.

There's gotta be an easier way for the PB guys to make this happen, right?  I hope . . .
Anyway, at least there's a workaround for now.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software