vicanto
It's often difficult in the instant search list to find the right thought because many of them are very similar in terms of the text you can see, and you can't see the thought icons.  Is there anything one can do other than looking at them one at a time, with a new instant search in between each check?
... reprise from 
Mark Trexler

It is possible to lock instant search for navigate from multiple thought with 
only  one search?

...in other words....

instant search: lock search window

If I have thousand thoughts when I type in instant search one word appears on result list many and many thoughts (for example thoughts with happines word within) . 
I need that the list will be locked, in that manner I can browse thoughts of the list without retype several times the word in instant search for scan all the thoughts ... drammatically gain of speed in the exploration/browse of the thoughts

pthompson
victano,

If a Thought has a Thought Icon assigned, the icon should be showing when searching. 

One Brain for Everything - TheBrain 8 2015-01-19 14-05-11.png 

It's not possible to lock a search as you're describing. 
zenrain
I think extended search is better suited for these scenarios. Once you type the words you are trying to search for, depending on the version and your settings, hitting enter or search will start an extended search and bring up the search tab bar.

The thoughts listed in the first section are all the thoughts that contain the search term in the name or label. If you have too many instances of the word in the labels you can click advanced and choose just to search the name. You can also narrow down your search further by going to a parent thought you know contains the thought with the term (you can control the distance up to a maximum of seven clicks in Preferences > Search > Filter under active thought).

You can click the search results and activate the corresponding thought without losing the list, or your place in the list. You can also choose Edit > Add Search results to selection to create sort of a sublist if you want.

My normal workflow is using instant search with a single word, then expand to multiple words if there are too many returns (and I have an idea of what a second word in the name might be), and then resort to Extended search.

Edit: found a bug where if you select just Name in Advanced search, it still returns thoughts with the search term in the attachment. Tested on OS X.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
vicanto
Thanks Zenrain , you are very competent in 'use thebrain and with your generous response you've solved my need .
mctrexler
Thanks Zenrain, a very good idea.  Problem I'm having though is that so few thoughts show up in extended search.  Searching for the term "impact" for example yields 100 results in the instant search window, only 6 in the extended search window.  Any idea what could account for that?

Mark
zenrain
That doesn't sound right at all, it usually returns more in the extended search. Check the search preferences, I don't suppose it's limited to 10 per page and you have to go to other pages (I set mine to 25)?
If not, have you tried rebuilding the search index and instant activation index?
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software