metta
Is it my imagination, or has the speed/responsiveness of the plex & the note editor slowed down considerably since the v11.0.26 update?

Slow Plex Examples:
> Double-click on the plex to expand/restore is very slow and sometimes doesn't work at all.
> After highlighting a link to edit it, and then clicking again on the plex, there is considerable lag time before the plex display returns to normal.
> Thought properties dialogue box is sometimes slow to close.

Slow Note Examples:
> One time, after changing active thoughts, the note editor was extremely slow to refresh, and displayed only a partial note editor menu for several seconds. Full menu did not reappear until after trying several times to activate the note editor window.
> Another time, the note editor menu was slow to refresh and displayed vertically (along the left hand side of the note) and did not return to the horizontal position (across the top of the note) until I changed the size of TheBrain's display window.
> In another case, the width of the line wraps within a note editor did not adjust (responsively) after the content area had been expanded and then restored to the 1/2 screen (vertical) position.

Will create a help desk ticket for this issue and submit the current output log.
bot__bot
Can confirm on both counts.

Also I can't access one of my brains now after trying out the new editing text files feature and the application crashed. Now whenever I click that brain it will open the same text file, resulting in crash again. 
ruudhein
Possibly related: 11.0.26: continued crashes, had to revert to 11.0.23

@bot__bot when TB restarts, don't let it reopen the brain that is crashing. Try selecting another brain or create a dummy/sandbox/testing brain. See what that does.

In my case even switching to a dummy brain made the app crash; I too at first thought it might have been the specific thought or attachment but alas, no.
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
bot__bot
ruudhein wrote:
Possibly related: 11.0.26: continued crashes, had to revert to 11.0.23

@bot__bot when TB restarts, don't let it reopen the brain that is crashing. Try selecting another brain or create a dummy/sandbox/testing brain. See what that does.

In my case even switching to a dummy brain made the app crash; I too at first thought it might have been the specific thought or attachment but alas, no.

Thanks for the confirmation! Switched back to 11.0.23 for the moment as well, which was surprisingly stable for an alpha.
For those who might be thinking of doing the the same but don't know how to locate the installer, just uninstall TB11, then search your system for a file named "TheBrain 11.0.23.0 Installer", which should still exist. 
jayofemi

Hello,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our engineering team has just now released a fix for the issues that were caused by the most recent update in TheBrain 11. Please go ahead and perform an update to version 11.0.27 to confirm that it is working properly for you.

If not, or if you run into any further issues/questions, please let us know at support@thebrain.com.

Thanks,
Jay

metta
Updated to v11.0.27 earlier this afternoon, and just now posted my feedback in my related help desk ticket (70616) with details regarding partial improvements.
ruudhein
Good work: works
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
metta
FYI, here's another (current) example of the vertical menu issue I reported previously that has not yet been resolved.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software