enkidu
seeking ideas, essentially.

I've yet to find an easy app.
I've been using a simple excel file for years.

I'm tempted to use the brain, but would capitalise on existing experience, anyone ?

cheers
enkidu
HeinrichUnger
Hi Enkidu,

I did it in my last Enterprise. Cause I did have to many open issues. There were everytime ad least 25 open Tasks, to handle. It worked very well cause it was my communication tool to the other People. I had all informations about the issue in seconds.

I did it quite pragmatic with some tags. (Priority etc.)

BR
Heinrich
andreas
My big problem with all the todo apps out there is that After a while I will not open the apps regulary anymore...
My brain app on the other hand is always open. I define a thought for each week of the year. The current week is my home thought and pin, i.e. when I open the Brain app, i see my todos (as thoughts). Works for me for a while now. Each Monday I transfer open task to the new week and will set a new home thought and pin.
I have high priority tasks highlighted with a colored background.
If I have abdeadline, I will put a thought under the corresponding future week's thought.
zenrain
I would start here, for links to forum posts (and a few documents) on how to use with a GTD or just basic task lists.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
enkidu
Thanks to all for replying.

Andreas, this :

Quote:
My big problem with all the todo apps out there is that After a while I will not open the apps regulary anymore...

is a problem I've known too well, as I tried many apps also.

Heinrich, your scenario would be paradise : sharing brains in the workplace. But it's simply not applicable for me, it remains a completely personal tool.

The problem is further impinged by the fact that I create one brain for each customer/project.
I thus have a TO DO within each brain, defeating most of the global usefulness.

I have to decide whether I should switch to a global TO DO brain, without correlation to the other brains.

I guess that my true, underlying problem is actually this : I have yet to decide, in all my brain uses, whether I should use
  • thought types,
  • tags or
  • thoughts-as-containers
to convey a given meaning. I have a marked preference for thoughts-as-containers, but I'm not fully convinced.

Zenrain, I'll go through that labirynth when I have some spare time !

Thanks all
enkidu

GerSch
Hi Patrick, it would be very interesting for me how you have organized task- and projectmanagement in your own company TheBrain Technologies LP. How do you handle repeating tasks, how do you handle delegating tasks, how do you organize project tasks in your team(s) and so on...?
zenrain
I'm afraid I'm not going to be too much help on this topic. I use Omnifocus as my todo manager. It handles repeating occurrences, projects with consecutive or parallel tasks, and handles start and due dates. I found trying to handle a task list in TheBrain took a lot of micromanaging and made for a busy plex and confusing list.

However, I do use tags in TheBrain to denote what I'm currently working on. I have a @current Tag, and I combine that with @work and @home, so I can run an inverse filter. I don't put individual tasks here, I use it for the macro view of current projects, documents etc. The step by step is in Omnifocus. 

I do find the ability to add checkboxes in thought notes helpful. It can be used for tasks, every now and then I use them for milestones in a project, but it could be easily adapted to the project tasks. Another thing to keep in mind during your experimentation. [smile]

Good luck!
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
jorgwata
Hi everybody. I'm a new TheBrain user and I am still experimenting its features. After some time of adaptation, I am now using TheBrain as a to-do app. In my main brain, I've created a thought called "Tasks", which is my "backbone" for daily use.

This thought iis always evolving as I discover new features. At this moment, it is mainly organized in dates.

For instance, inside "Tasks", I've created subthoughts for every date I need. So:

Tasks
    Date 1
    Date 2 etc

And inside date, I drop task description and all related thoughts

Tasks
    Date 1
        Task 1
            All related thoughts (as children, parents or jumps)

It is very convenient for me, as I have a panorama view of all my tasks. And if needed, I simply click in a particular task in order to see all related information

When a task is done, I simply connect it to another parent (outside of "Tasks")

Maybe there is a better way, but it works for me

Kind regards,

PS: Sorry for my English, it is not my native language
Brigitte
Thanks for sharing your way of task management. There is a new Timeline and in terms of task management and timelines, you can time stamp Notes. You can also set key time based priority Tags and there is also a built-in calendar for scheduling tasks and key due dates. 

Here's also a nice overview on using TheBrain to manage tasks and projects

http://blog.thebrain.com/from-ideas-to-action/

further classify your information with Types and Tags

http://blog.thebrain.com/types-and-tags/

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software