sandbags
For reference I was a PersonalBrain user back in 2001-2 (Just found my post celebrating the release of the 3.0 beta!) and have just gotten back into the app and realised what I was missing.

I'm using the v9 beta and I realise there are many priorities in terms of getting it into a fully-usable state to take over from v8. However...

This app really needs a (sane) API and a (sane) scripting facility. Javascript isn't especially sane but its popular and I could use ClojureScript (which is).

I'd like an API to allow me to bi-directionally exchange information with other apps (allowing me to dynamically manage thoughts representing external data). For example I am building a webapp that allows management of strategies and monitoring. It would be awesome to have that app push thoughts into the Brain or have the brain take thoughts directly from an online strategy session.

I'd like scripting to be able to build apps within the brain. As a first example, I think by using some Thought Types and some kind of 'sequence' concept I would like to be able to run presentations from inside The Brain (a la Prezi). You have built-in a random walk, now let me build non-random ones.

I'm excited to be using TheBrain again. I'm hoping this time I can make it the centre of my information system for the forseeable future.

Matt

mcaton
Matt,

Thank you for posting and welcome back to TheBrain 9!  It's been a long road and I'm sure you'll see some huge improvements since v2 and v3!

I've shared your API requests with the engineers for further review. I'm sure they'll be interested in your Thoughts.

Thank you,
Matt
sandbags
Thanks mcaton. I'm rediscovering my love of this app. It would be interesting to understand your plans and thinking in this area to know if TB is going to be a strategic or tactical tool. m/

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software