ptc22030
My go-to apps every day include Brain 9, Day One for journaling, DevonThink for archiving, and Omnifocus for GTD.

I use these on my MacBook Air, iPad Pro, and iPhone X.

I'd live entirely in Brain 9 if I could, but it's not the best app for data collection; thus, the others.

It would be great to add links to the Brain from these other apps via app URL's.  

Is there support for this, or am I missing something?

Thanks for a great product!
Templay
I think you can do a right clic and "Copy local thought URL"...

YB_2018-02-12_09-10-47_AM.png 

Which give you a local app link such as:

This local links open used from an external app should open the local brain straight to the linked thought.

I tested with OMNIFOCUS and it works. But it does not seems to work from an Evernote note (in the local app). I guess this works only if the app has correctly implemented the calls to local links. 
Yannick
Cerebrum
It can work in Evernote, but it takes a few extra steps.

The problem is that the link is broken if you paste it directly into a note.

This works:
1. In a note in Evernote, type some text: the name of the thought or a shorter version of the name, or any text you want.
2. Highlight the text.
3. Right-click to get Hyperlink, or use Format in the top menu to get Hyperlink,
4. Select Add and paste the link that you created in TheBrain.

The link will now work.
Templay
hello Cerebrum,

At least on my Mac Evernote version, it does not work because you can't "save" a local link, I guess because it does starts with http...

YB_2018-02-16_10-36-02_AM.png 
Yannick
Cerebrum
Étrange ... ðŸ˜•

This is what I get in the Windows version:

Capture.jpg 
Templay
With the new feature introduced in 9.0.248, "Copy Web Thought URL", you can put a web link into Evernote to open the thought on the web brain (as long as you are already logged in).

YB_2018-02-17_09-41-58_AM.png 

It works but off course it's not as good as opening the local Brain...
Yannick

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software