Well Even though AppleScript is not supported by TheBrain I managed to make an AppleScript to do some automation.
This script an be activated by adding the script menu to your apple system, or by selecting it from the folder. Or by using one of the add-ins to automatically select the scripts, via command key.
There is a reply below that shows the way you can automate it.
--- About the Script ---
What is this script?
Well The Brain has an addition of the Address Book Entries in to the Brain but unfortunately I do not think it is done in the most convenient way. The process of search for the name, select the name, add, just takes way too long in my opinion. A lot of time I do not have the luxury of waiting a few minutes for the search to complete, and then go through all the E-Mails, thoughts, etc containing the name.
So I created this script ... How to use it?
- Create a thought in your brain, and call it anything (it is temporary, so I use one or two letters garbage)
- Open Address Book and select an entry.
- Activate the Script.
What does it do, well this one is not advanced:
- It just renames the name to the Name in the Address Book (it is configurable as to how you want to add it by looking at the script comments. Default is First name Last Name)
- It creates a link to the ID of the address book thought in the attachments.
- It takes all the information from the record and pastes it as Text in to the Brain Notes field. Unfortunately there is no easy way to add HTML (as there is no way to switch to HTML portion of browser, otherwise I would. I opened a request to add this so I can make this look very nice so if you would like to have it go vote for it in the suggestions topics)
- It takes all the Emails and attaches them as a Mailto to the attachement section so that they are able to be clicked on.
- It takes all the URL's and attaches them to the section as well so that way they are able to be clicked on.
-- If you have any suggestions.... I would welcome it.