danlandrum

Are we supposed to be able to drag images from finder desktop to notes pane in TB9?

I thought I remembered reading that this was possible. I'm having no problem with HTML images appearing in notes, and attached images are fine, but dragged in images are showing a small arrow that has the link:

file:///Applications/TheBrain%209.app/Contents/Resources/NotesEditorResources/bogus

I can also get an image to appear in the notes pane if I've dragged it from the desktop to the thought so that it becomes an attachment, followed by grabbing the note icon from the content panel and dragging it into the notes pane. I can work with this, but wonder if the extra step is by design, or a bug. Thanks.

OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
zenrain
Hmm, I tested dragging a .jpg file from my desktop to the notes and notes automatically converted it correctly and showed me the image.

I then navigated away from the thought (if I didn't do that in TheBrain 8 it sometimes messes things up, I haven't tested this in 9 yet) and deleted the original image, browsed back to the thought and the image was still there.

Now, I'm not sure if dragging images that are already internal to TheBrain 9 works the same way. I heard in TheBrain 8 that this wasn't wise at one point (sources not available, and memory is vague so may actually be a very unexciting hallucination) so I don't do it. /shrug
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
danlandrum
Thanks, zenrain. Are you, as your signature indicates, using .136? I'm using .139. That could be it.
OSX 10.13 
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
zenrain
Sorry, no .139 also. I just forget to update my signature regularly. [frown]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
This should be working yes. I have double checked on macOS and Windows and see no issue dragging in multiple image types.
danlandrum
I restarted theBrain and it is working correctly with the exception that it flipped a portrait mode photo to landscape, but I know that is being worked on on.  
OSX 10.13 
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software