khang
I have two created two thought types so they can be auto sorted: Contacts and Company.

In my TheBrain 7 it works the way I expect it to ie Company are arranged in alpha order followed by Contacts in alpha order.

Once uploaded to Webbrain, the two thought types are not differentiated but are displayed in Thought alphabetical order mixing both Contact and Company.

I have right clicked the webbrain to confirm the "Arrange Thought by" setting and it is the same setting as my Brain 7.

Please advise if there is anything else I need to do or this whether this is a known bug.

thanks

pthompson
khang,

Are you saying that Contacts is displayed before Company on the Cloud when you have Arrange by Name selected?
khang
hello Patrick,

yes that is correct.

Contact and Company thought types in the Cloud do not appear in the same order as in my Brain 7.

thanks
pthompson
khang,

Thank you for the additional information. I can't seem to recreate this. Perhaps we can setup a web meeting to go over this in person. If you would like to do this, please let me know. Alternatively, we can be reached at +310-751-5000 between 8am - 5pm PDT.

khang
hi Patrick

I have created the following brain to demonstrate the issue.

Cloud test Arrange by

The child thoughts are all named in series from 1 to 10.
Arrange by Name should see all child thoughts in sequence.

The ODD numbered thoughts have been typed ODD and the EVEN ones EVEN.

If you change the Arrange by to TYPE, you will see it does not sort by type because all the EVENs should appear first followed by ODDs.

thanks
khang
khang
Hello Patrick,

how are you? did you get a chance to take a look at my example of the issue?

khang
pthompson
khang,

I apologize for the delayed response. Yes, we were able to see the issue and have informed our engineers. They are currently looking into it and working on a resolution. Thank you.
katrinka
Hello,

I am frustrated by this same issue of my Cloud brain not sorting by thought type.  I'm a HUGE fan of the brain, and am attempting to use it with multiple groups.  But I find that most people are intimidated by what initially appears to them as too much complexity.  Not having thoughts sorted by type adds an additional barrier to their using it.  Having the option of not showing links lines would also vastly reducing the visual clutter in the Cloud Brains.

thanks!
pthompson
katrinka
pthompson
katrinka,

Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to pass it along to our developers.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software