Knowledgehopper
Hey there,

since a search did not reveal any new insights, apart from not being implemented in 5.5:

Can I arrange the thoughts manually?
Everytime I try they jump back .

thank in advance for helping a newbie with PB

( I m using the latest stable version of 6)
FreeSpirit
Hi Knowledgehopper,

From what I understand you are currently clicking thoughts, move them a bit in a drag and drop style and then they jump back to their original position. If you drag them far enough you can change their type of connection with the current thought.

Although I am not 100% sure what you want and mean by move them manually here is a short summary on what is possible, thoughts have 3 possible connection ways with other thoughts. Parent(s) which will be displayed above the thought, child(ren) which will be displayed below the thought and jump links which will be displayed on the left side of the thought.

If you were looking for a more custom overview you can use the "new expanded view" (pro feature) you can find this under view in the menu, short key: ctrl + shift + 4. In this mode you can hide / enable / move thoughts to your hearts desire.

Or were you looking for a more drawing oriented mind map tool?

FreeSpirit
Video (~6 min) of expanded view: http://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials/display-options/expand/

Video (~7 min) of changing the relationship (connection) to the current thought: http://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials/changing-relationships/relationships/

zenrain
No, sorry. There is no way to arrange thought manually in the plex (in normal view, you can use expanded view to arrange them) besides adding numbers at the beginning of the thought name.
If you haven't already done so, you may want to vote for the feature in UserVoice.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Knowledgehopper
Hey guys,

thank you for the advice, I tried expanded view and that works well.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software