flyteach
Since updating to 11.0.28 it appears that a modifier key is required to navigate. This becomes cumbersome and wasn't required in v10. Not sure if this is a bug or desired (new) functionality.
Flyteach
DavidGretzschel

Could you be more specific? Like do you have to press alt + arrow or shift + arrow or ctrl + arrow to navigate?
Have you perhaps discovered a novel way to get yourself stuck in TheBrain11?

Is it seperate from this bug:

https://forums.thebrain.com/post/possible-bug-using-arrow-keys-to-navigate-to-a-thought-with-an-attached-md-note-10296602?pid=1309780818

I know of at least one other way that you cannot use the arrow-keys anymore (the selection-circle changes color in that), but I haven't figured out how to replicate that one yet.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

mcaton
Vaclav,

Thanks for posting. If you are referring to the keyboard shortcuts, these can be easily changed in Preferences > Keyboard Tab.  Here's a link with some additional information:  https://bra.in/9jY6xA

The keyboard shortcuts were recently updated because some of them conflicted with other new features in the application (such as navigation conflicts with multi page PDF attachments)

Thank you,
Matt 
Harlan
@flyteach The keyboard navigation using arrow keys should be working the same as it was before. Make sure the keyboard focus is on the search box and that you haven't typed anything there. You can also press Ctrl/Cmd+S to set the focus.
Regards,
-Harlan
flyteach
Interestingly, it seems resolved. However, to answer David's question, no it wasn't related. In fact, when I went into preferences, the option to use just arrow keys was greyed out and there was a "error" that said I had to use a modifier key with the arrow keys to be set. This was specifically on Winderz, but I've also seen this once on Mac also. However, for other corporate reasons, I had to reboot and when I reopened TB, all was well with the world. If I see this again, I'll try to get a screenshot with the greyed options for the arrow keys and the message that says a modifier is required. Otherwise, for now, it's been "fixed".
DavidGretzschel

Greyed out like in the picture here?
You mean in Preferences>Keyboard Shortcuts>Navigation?
I always assumed that "greyed out" means, not changeable by user. Turns out you can change them,
but you can't change them back, because you can't assign single key-strokes without modifiers.
So if you ever changed them and want them back, you'd have to restore to defaults (which I just had to do, by screwing with it).
Or maybe use the import-export shortcut functionality.

Click image for larger version - Name: GreyCuts.png, Views: 43, Size: 30.95 KB
Harlan
It should not be possible to change those that are greyed out. Will investigate. 
Regards,
-Harlan
DavidGretzschel
Ah, then I must have tried to change them first in TB10 where that worked. Was chiding myself for making an unfounded assumption already.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

Harlan
You were correct David - they can be modified but this shouldn't be possible. Will be fixed soon.
Regards,
-Harlan
flyteach
Haha, yes, greyed out exactly like that. However, what wasn't happening is that they didn't work either. If I pressed arrow keys to navigate, nothing happened. Actually, this happened to me with TB10 a few months ago and didn't realize it was a bug. And at that time, it wouldn't allow me to use plain arrow keys, gave me an error that they needed a modifier key, so I did change it to Shift-arrow and it worked. Annoying at the time, but worked. Then, a few updates later they worked without the Shift key. I'll keep an eye on this and report any changes again as soon as I see it. But @Harlan, yes, at one point in the past (Mac version) I was able to change those keys.
mcaton
The fix for disabling the ability to change a greyed out keyboard shortcut has been added in latest 11.0.30 build which is now available on the v11 Alpha Channel.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software