wordmuse
Currently, when I click on a pinned thought, the plex shifts to make that thought front and center. But I click these pinned items just to SEE what they link to - as a reference. I would like an option to have TheBrain treat pinned items as the top level of a menu structure.  Mousing over lets me glide over the surface of the menus (the multi-level child thoughts) without doing anything to what is in the plex.

Clicking one of these children would then activate it.

This would also reduce the amount of change in the bottom history area, thus helping to keep the most relevant thoughts in immediate view.

Let me know if this is unclear and I'll try to clarify.

- Bal
pthompson
Bal,

Thanks for the feature suggestion. So you want the Pinned Thought to show it's Parent Thought when you hover over it?
wordmuse
I don't know if my experience generalizes to others, but when I pin items, it's much more common for me to be interested in what's going on hierarchically below rather than hierarchically above.  Thus I would like is for a pinned thought's children to appear under it. If a child thought has one or more children, then you would have a submenu structure. So you could navigate the structure without actually activating a thought to change things in the plex.  I'm envisioning that actually clicking a thought in this menu structure would then activate the thought in the plex.  If I wanted to see the pinned thoughts parent thoughts, I'm thinking I'd have to click it and see them in the plex.

SamCox
This is a terrific idea!
zenrain
Agreed, this would be very useful.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mikesingleton
Good idea, would be very useful.
pthompson
Thank you for the clarification. I will add this as a feature suggestion.
wordmuse
Glad to know others would find it useful too.

- Bal
LuizAlfredo
Great for quick navigation.
L.A.G.M.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software