JudiB
Just downloaded PersonalBrain to my new computer and was excited to 'test drive'.  The program launched, I named my first "brain"...and it's been downhill ever since.  As soon as I created the name for my brain, I received an error saying Assertion Failed in a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library window.  After a few lines indicating a file location, it says "Expression: pos <=t->maxPos"  It also tells me to press Retry to debug (which I've tried numerous times) and that JIT must be enabled.  Have no idea what all this means....other than I don't appear to be able to use the product.

HELP!!!!

BHurd
Just off the top, make sure you have the latest version of Java installed.
JudiB
Yes....I checked the Java site and confirmed my version is the latest for my Windows XP.  Thanks for trying.

JudiB

Shiiko
Hi JudiB,

Sorry to hear about your experience. But hang in there it will be worth it.
Try uninstalling and re-installing PB, perhaps there was a hiccup during the original install.  Make sure that your anti-virus is temporarily disabled when installing.  I have been using PB with XP and have gone through a number of successful upgrades and updates.

JudiB
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (AV disabled, firewall disabled), I've tried removing any reference to Brain from the registry, deleting folders, rebooting between reinstalls, etc....nothing seems to work.  The program launches (still in the free demo mode) with the screen itemizing the different versions of PersonalBrain and the invitation to purchase.  I cannot close or cancel that screen...and can only shut down the program by going the Task Manager route.  I really wanted to give this a try before deciding whether to purchase or not.  I have a VERY old version of the brain (2.0) that I can install and run, but I wanted to try the new version.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software