perry
Excel attachments are working well and don't have the preview problems MS Word does, but a few notes generally:

1. The 'Preview' button is missing its right margin
2. I think I'd prefer the 'Preview' button to be positioned in the Tab
3. It would be intuitive if the Path (highlighted below) was clickable, rather than rely solely on context menu 'Show in Explorer'

Screenshot - 20_04_2016 , 10_36_50 PM.png 

4. If the window border is adjusted, the attachment panel does not redraw correctly -- specifically the 'Preview' button and the file information panel:

Screenshot - 20_04_2016 , 10_44_01 PM.png 

5. Preview works great:
Screenshot - 20_04_2016 , 10_46_37 PM.png 

but I'm not sure what 'Cut' is in the menu for?
Screenshot - 20_04_2016 , 10_50_56 PM.png 

6. And once you've copied something to the clipboard, cells are not selectable any more.
perry
The Excel Preview is pretty good, but sometimes you just can't get rid of it:

Screenshot - 20_04_2016 , 11_20_33 PM.png 
Try as I might... I just can't close the preview [frown] Clicking other attachment tabs, other thoughts, other anything...

mcaton
Perry,

Thank you for posting.  We've replicated these issue and hope to have a fix available soon.  There's also a few items in here that are new to report (cut and copy cells behavior...)  

In the mean time, you'll actually get better results with the new Document Preview feature if you go into your PREFERENCES > UI and uncheck the option for UPDATE CONTENT ON HOVER.  This, however, is just a temporary solution as we're working on the fix.

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
Just to clarify - the "Cut" option you referenced is from TheBrain's context menu.  I was originally thinking you found it by right clicking in the Preview.  The 'Cut' simply allows you to move a file attachment from one thought to another.

Thanks,
Matt
perry
mcaton wrote:
Just to clarify - the "Cut" option you referenced is from TheBrain's context menu.  I was originally thinking you found it by right clicking in the Preview.  The 'Cut' simply allows you to move a file attachment from one thought to another.

OK: Thanks -- makes sense. I was playing with copy and paste [wink]

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software