hock
What is the quickest way for me to "import" into PB4 internal file store folder some 200 files which are currently linked to a variety of PB4 thoughts as attachments, so that afterwords what used to be attachments become files that are stored inside my brain folder?

Can one only "import and store internally" one thought's attachment at a time or is it possible to fetch and drop ALL attachments (or a selection made from a list of all attachments in any brain) copied/moved into PB4's internal file store folder ?

Finally, is if there a way to run a query which prints out a listing of all of a Brain's attached files, including drive/folder location?

Thanks

Eugen

hock/london

Win7pro, PB 7.0.4.5, J - 1.7.0
agnor
As far as I know, the only way to do so is on a thought-by-thought basis when you right-click on a thought with virtual attachments and select, "move file into Personal Brain".

hock
agnor wrote:
As far as I know, the only way to do so is on a thought-by-thought basis when you right-click on a thought with virtual attachments and select, "move file into Personal Brain".

Thank you Agnar,

When trying to tidy-up PB4 attached linked content the "move file into Personal Brain" Option does NOT work for html files on local disks.

I do research with the intention of publishing PB4 on the web, so many emails, documents etc start of as converted to html files on my drives, which I link as attachments.

As each Brain matures, I wish to be able to prepare PB4 for the creation of a sitebrain which does have the attachments when PB4 is exported to html.

Maybe Harlan could be asked to remove the default prohibition which stops locally stored html files from being able to allow the command  "move file into Personal Brain".

This is in addition to mass "move files into Personal Brain"

Eugen

hock/london

Win7pro, PB 7.0.4.5, J - 1.7.0
agnor
Hi there,

I tested this, and I was able to move both *.html and *.htm files into my brain by first attaching a virtual attachment and then right-clicking on the thought and selecting, "move file into brain".

Which version of PB do you have?  And is it core/pro/trial/etc?

Thanks.

ctdavid
Managing the external files and attachments can be tricky, but here are a couple of tips that might help:

1.  To identify all the External Files you have linked to thoughts, use REPORTS and filter the Attachments to External Files.  This will give you the full list of thoughts having external links.

2.  To quickly (2 clicks) move the file(s) into the brain, right click on the thought in the reports results list and you should see an option to "Move File Into Brain". 

3. To doublecheck that you've gotten everything, repeat Tip 1.

I have found that as long as my hard drive space is OK, I will keep bringing all my attachments into the brain. It has saved me a lot of searching since I use it as a One Stop Shop for just about everything.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software