Harlan
9.0.155 is now up on the Alpha channel and includes the fully fleshed out UI for attachments as a list.

Most notably, the selected attachment is now shown as a single tab next to notes so you can preview PDFs, image, and web pages, just when all attachments are displayed as as tabs. Additionally, support for drag and drop, multiple selection, in-place renaming, and more has been added to this view of attachments.

This feature addresses much of the feedback we have received here on the forums with regard to the new UI design and layout of TheBrain 9. For those of you who missed the way attachments were displayed in TheBrain 8, this option makes TheBrain 9's attachments list even better than it was in 8 while incorporating the benefits of 9's clean design and built-in previews.

Enjoy.
Regards,
-Harlan
vmilhoan
Appreciate the new changes! I like the preview of the selected attachment and dealing with attachments seems speedier than before. Plus - I was able to preview an Excel file! 
zenrain
After experimenting a bit with the new feature, I still prefer the original tab version, but I'm glad there's a choice now. 
However, I thought I'd mention I really appreciate the new drag into browser/finder/plex behavior of the tabs introduced in .155, this is a big improvement. 

Thanks for all your hard work on this!
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
korm
New features described above for attachments are fine.  Thanks!

I can drag a document from DEVONthink (on the Mac) to a thought and the document is aliased to the location within that DEVONthink database's internal folder structure.  This is good.  I cannot drag the document to the attachment tabs, however.   On drag, it looks like v9 is going to accept the file, but it never finishes the job.   Dragging from DEVONthink to attachments is a good thing if it were possible to implement.
Harlan
Korm: Where are you trying to drop? The valid drop locations are the plex, the attachments list (if visible), and the content tabs area (where the "notes" tab is displayed).
Regards,
-Harlan
korm
These

1. Drag a document from DEVONthink to a thought on the plex -- succeeds; added to that thought as an attachment
  2. Drag a document from DEVONthink to a empty space on the plex -- succeeds; creates a new thought, whose name is the attachment name, and adds the document as an attachment
  3. Drag a document from DEVONthink to the "content tabs area" while "Attachments as Tabs" is the display option -- fails to add the attachment
  4. Drag a document from DEVONthink to the "content tabs area" while "Attachments as List" is the display option -- fails to add the attachment
  5. Drag a document from DEVONthink to the attachments list while "Attachments as List" is the display option -- fails to add the attachmen

The test results are the same whether drag or option-drag are used.   The latter merely makes a copy of the document that is stored internally in the brain.

Methods (1) and (2) have always been my default practice, so, personally, I'm not "missing" anything, feature wise.   Methods (3), (4), (5) are nice to have but if they don't work for DEVONthink I don't care.   Just pointing out an inconsistency.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software