mctrexler
I want to create an audio file that when attached to a thought shows up in the thought as an audio file icon that you click to play.  I've tried several audio programs, and can paste them as attachments, but I haven't come up with one that creates a "play icon" the way You Tube.  Suggestions?

Mark
metta
Mark, just to clarify: are you wanting the audio icon to appear within the note of the thought you have created?
mctrexler
Metta, I want the little arrow icon to appear in the thought itself.  When you link a YouTube video to a thought as the only attachment, you have the play button show up as the thought icon.  I'm assuming there's a way to get that to happen with a simple audio file. I suspect users will be more likely to "push the button" if it's a thought icon rather than just an attachment.  Make sense?  I think little audio files might be a way to provide additional user help in Brains like yours and mine.  

Mark
metta
Just to confirm: when I drop a YouTube video link into a brain, the YouTube icon automatically appears on the thought. However, when I click on the YouTube icon the video does not automatically start playing. I have to actually click on the video image itself (within the thought note) to activate the video.

Is this what happens when you insert YouTube videos?

If so, may I assume you simply want some kind of thought icon (an arrow or audio icon) that will serve as a symbol of an audio file -- and you are not expecting the icon to actually start playing the audio file?

If so, is there any reason the built-in thought icons provided in the brain won't work for your intended purpose?

For example, under "Symbols" there a lots of different arrow options:

Image 2.png 

....and under "Media" there are lots of different audio icons. For example, this is the "audio" (headset icon) I'm using in my neural brain:

Image 1.png 

In this case, I've created an "audio" thought type that always displays the same headset icon, and after I drop in a link to audio file, I simple change the thought type, and this icon is added automatically.

In addition, you could always add your own preferred symbol for an audio icon if none of the built-in options appeal to you.

Is this helpful, Mark -- or, am I completely missing the point of your question?

Or, are you actually submitting this as a feature request such that .mp3 files would automatically trigger the insertion of a specific thought icon?

mctrexler
Metta, I frequently forget that Webbrain functions totally differently from the desktop.  In the desktop when you click on the YouTube icon it plays the video, and so I was looking for a similar audio functionality.  But you're right, in Webbrain that doesn't work, so any icon really would do.  Thanks for that suggestion.  And  #$%^&^$%^  in terms of the inability to activate the icons in Webbrain! 

Mark
pthompson
Hopefully TheBrain 9 can make some advancements in this. [wink]

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software