zenrain
I don't know when this started, but it appears notes now detects when you paste code and automatically formats it as such.

That.

Is. 

Freaking.

Awesome.

Thanks!
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Visnet
This made me hope.... but it did not work for me here. The note started freezing on my windows 7 machine once I pasted some code and typing started in whole other areas as where expected to be typing... [confused]

Wim
zenrain
Hmm, that doesn't sound good. Have you sent the output.log file to support?

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
zenrain
To be clear, the behavior I had was in entering a line of text and then in a new paragraph pasting:

DropDownListID.Items.Insert(0, new ListItem("Default text", "Default value")

Then more text, then:

DropDownList1.Items.Clear(); 

In both cases it automatically recognized the text as code snippet and formatted it as such.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I actually have tested this and got some mixed results.  Sometimes the code was recognized and set to CODE format, other thoughts - it wasn't.

Using the same code as posted by ZenRain.

We'll document this for further review.

Thank you,
Matt

Visnet
I have been doing a bit more playing with the latest version, 9.0.134 and the weird behaviour stopped, I can just edit. The part of code I was using is not recognised (copy and paste of code from visual studio). Is it language sensitive maybe? I was using vb code, but I guess Zenrains was similar? 

It is a very nice to have here as I am using this brain also to save some snippets now and then. On the other hand I can live with wrapping the code tags myself...  [comp]

Here is my part for comparison:

Public Sub Main(ByVal parms As Object)
If parms = "Temperatuur" Then
Call CheckTemperatuur()
Else
hs.writelog("Thermostaat", "Onbekende parameter:" & parms().tostring)
End If
End Sub

mcaton
Thanks for sharing.  I'll add your code to our documentation for an additional example.  This bit of code works in my testing every time.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software