tonja
Hello,

if I like to get some Mindmap-Like look & feel, I tried to use the Expanded View.

1. I found it very strange that my sub-nodes have numbers and the view get generated total independent from this numbering. (This means a very time-consuming re-arrangement.
How I can generate some smart order right a way?

2. Than I have some trigger-questions (green), but german sentences are quite long (even the word are longer than in english). Now I cannot see the full question, so this view makes for my purposes no sense. 
How I can display the full length of my question (even line breaks would be very useful).
How I can display the full information of some sub-node in the Mindmap-Style?

The only way for me today is the Outline-View. But I like the Expanded View for memorizing informations (like I used Mindmaps before PB).

Greetings,

Click image for larger version - Name: Bildschirmfoto_2012-01-02_um_23.16.23.png, Views: 165, Size: 1.25 MB Click image for larger version - Name: Bildschirmfoto_2012-01-02_um_23.22.59.png, Views: 165, Size: 1.15 MB
jbennett

Kersten, 

Thanks for posting. 

1.  Expanded View is intended to allow you control over your the display of thoughts in the plex.  As a result, the typical arrange functions do not apply.  

2.  In regards to displaying the complete german sentences:  Unfortunately, the way thoughts display in the plex is determined by the limitations of your screen and the size of the program window.  Your suggestion for a line break is good and you may want to add it to the uservoice page (thebrain.uservoice.com)

James

BSTD
Hello tonja

You could play with the text size for thought names (using the resize wheel over the active thougth indicator) to try to show long thought names.
For a more mind-map like feel, every thought in expanded view can be ancored by clicing the small circle that appears under a thougth on mouseover (in expanded view). You can anchor every thought you want visible somewhere in the plex... and then save the expanded view. However, with a high number of thoughts, this can be quite a workload.

Ben

BSTD
PS
the circle will be filled  if the thought is anchored:

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software