edwardrios
Does the new version of TheBrain have any optimizations in the backend to make it run faster? New features are nice, but to me the biggest issue is how sluggish the application runs when you have thousands of thoughts. Have the beta testers noticed any improvements?

Thanks.
Windows 7
Java 1.7.0_25
TheBrain 8.0.1.4
enkidu
Haven't you read through the v8 Release Notes ?
There were significant improvements to multithreading, among other things.

My own brains are too small (<2000 thoughts) for my fast machine, to be able to detect differences between v7 and v8.

Personally I find TheBrain 7 a fast application : I've installed it on a very old PC (Pentium whatever with < 1GB RAM on a buggy WinXP) and it still ran smoothly.

cheers
enkidu

jostber
For me it seems like the new multithreading makes TB a lot more snappy for large brains.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
pthompson
Edward,

As a couple have pointed out, yes, there are speed improvements. You can find more information HERE and HERE.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software