zenrain
Nitpick alert!!!
The background color is shades lighter in the plex background in TheBrain 9, than it is in TheBrain 8. 

The color in V8:
TB8.png 
And V9:
TB9.png 

This comes from exactly the same theme. 
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Interesting.  And neither of them are actually 000000.  We'll take a closer look.  I assume you started with this custom color in v8.

Thanks,
Matt
Harlan
Which background are you referring to? Pleas show exactly what area that color is taken from so we can replicate.
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Sure. In TheBrain 8 I set up the Background Center and Background Top and Bottom to HEX 363636 in Preferences > Brain. After converting to TheBrain 9 it is the lighter color.

I also tried in TheBrain 9 opening Theme, choosing custom color and then the color picker OS X tool for the Background Center/Top and Bottom and mousing over TheBrain 8 background, nothing changed.

Update: This side by side is a little clearer.

Color.png

Update 2: Just remembered Matt also has this Brain with the Theme in v8 format, so you should be able to recreate easily.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Alex,

And from the sample Brain we have, the background opens up as HEX 474747 in both v8 and v9.  We'll keep testing...

Thanks,
Matt
perry
zenrain wrote:
Update: This side by side is a little clearer.

Color.png

Same monitor Alex?
zenrain
perry wrote:

Same monitor Alex?

Yes, same monitor.

mcaton wrote:

And from the sample Brain we have, the background opens up as HEX 474747 in both v8 and v9.  We'll keep testing...

Interesting, that is from my Green and Grey theme. I may have been mistaken and sent it from my home computer which is running that theme. Sorry. On my work machine, it's running the Green & Darker theme, which is exactly the same but using 363636 for both backgrounds (center & Top/Bottom), which is where I've noticed it.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software