dpickrell
I am looking for any recommendations on best practices for keeping track of emails in TB7 /64 bit.   Today,  my general approach is to save emails to specific topic folders, and then link the brain topic to that email folder.  I am doing this now becuase the drag & drop integration functionality in the 64 bit versions is not available (or maybe in missed something....  in one of the updates.)   I also sometimes link directly to the email,  the issues is if the email gets moved..... then  link is broken.... 

So any recommendations would be helpful.    And to the TB7 team... a tutorial on this like the OneNote tutorial would be greatly appreciated...  again hopefully you have one and my searchs just missed it.

Thanks
Dave
Antonio68
Hi Dpickrell, where is the OneNote tutorial?
Thanks
Antonio
jbennett
Dave, 

Thanks for posting.  First, you should only need the 64 bit version of TheBrain 7 if you are using 64 bit Outlook.  If this is the case, you may want to try manually adding the redemption.dll within Outlook. To do this:

• (From Outlook) go to
  • File>Options>Add ins>
  • Manage COM Add-ins>Go... >
  • Add> ...and select the redemption.dll file that (for most installs) resides in C:\Program Files (x86)\TheBrain\bin

James

jbennett
Dave, 

First, you should only need the 64 bit version of TheBrain 7 if you are using 64 bit Outlook.  If this is the case, you may want to try manually adding the redemption.dll within Outlook. To do this:

• (From Outlook) go to
  • File>Options>Add ins>
  • Manage COM Add-ins>Go... >
  • Add> ...and select the redemption.dll file that (for most installs) resides in C:\Program Files (x86)\TheBrain\bin

James

dpickrell
Thanks for the reply.   When I execute the instructions provided.  I get the following error from outlook...

'C:\Program Files (x86)\TheBrain\bin\Redemption.dll'  is not a valid Office Add-in

Do I have to manually copy this into the appropriate fol
I am running 64bit Outlook becuase that is the only solution supported by our IT guys.

I do see a "Redemption Helper Outlook Extension' in the Com Adds-In box,  I have checked this but every time I open outlook it is unchecked.   but there is a load error with it, and so it unchecks itself.

dpickrell
Here is the link.  It is in the tutorial section of the community section of thebrain web page

http://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials/files-and-email/pb-and-onenote/
pthompson
Dave,

C:\Program Files (x86)\TheBrain indicates that you are using the 32-bit version of TheBrain. Outlook 64-bit will only work with the 64-bit version of TheBrain, which can be downloaded HERE.
dpickrell

Patrick,

Thank you very much.     I actually run TB on two machines and thought I had installed the 64 bit version on both... Well as it turns out, I only had installed it on one.  --- stupid me.... Now that I actually have the 64 bit version installed every thing is working as expected with outlook integration.    

My version of a best practice is to associate a outlook folder with a thought in TB, versus lots of individual emails.     If anyone has other experiences on best practices, posting those would be great

David

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software