HarmenB
Hello

please make it possible to have thebrain in fullscreen modus and/ or remove the unnecessary window/ menu above thebrainbrain window.jpg 

it takes up screen space.......
joshsullivan
It's already an option: Options > Preferences > Look & Feel > Compact window title bar (Check it).
TheBrain 11 Alpha Channel
Windows 10 2004 Enterprise
DavidGretzschel
@joshsullivan
That will make it difficult to resize the TB windows and will also remove the Windows-accent color, making it difficult to spot, whether the TheBrain is the active window or not (which is a "modern UI"-disease).

https://forums.thebrain.com/post/feature-request-make-resize-handles-7-pixels-wide-instead-of-1-pixel-wide-6946-6638-10619064?pid=1312403139
https://forums.thebrain.com/post/ui-compact-window-title-bar-should-not-disable-active-window-coloring-10368024?pid=1310184481

It's really annoying when software gives you a fork like that 🙁

@HarmenB
Menu>View>"Presentation Mode" exists and doesn't waste much space. But it'll take up your whole monitor for TheBrain, so it kinda wastes all the space.

I also would like there to be less space wasted. Especially, when I'm working on a laptop. You can't even have two equal-sized windows on top of each other, at the moment. Well.... if you have an FHD-screen and the windows-titlebar on the side, you can enter "Presentation Mode", get out of "Presentation Mode" again and then you can do it. Very convoluted.

https://forums.thebrain.com/post/featurerequest-please-add-individual-visbility-toggles-for-menubar-tabbar-toolbar-and-historybar-6082-10360824?pid=1310137464

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

HarmenB
@DavidGretzschel
glad that i'm not the only one.

it would indeed be a HUGE BENEFIT to be able to rearrange/ hide menu / menubars in TheBrain so that there is more size for the actual Brain.
of course it's a personal thing and therefore it would have to be a customisable thing and not a fixed soolution.

@joshsullivan
So still i have the feature request and give you an idea of how that probable could be done.

Take a look op the way Opera Browser has done it:opera menu.jpg 
the ico is NEXT TO THE TABS!!
Clicking it does give you the menus:
opera menu drop down .jpg 

This would be the first thing TheBrain can do to give more room for the actual Brain. It could look like this:
TheBrain NEW possible menu drop down .jpg 

Also the tabs menu bar is taking up a LOT of space. this one; tab bar.jpg 

PLEASE MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO Auto Hide it and when hovering over it making it visible
or make it optional to place it vertical  or something like that!

hopefully these things can be taken in consideration and noted as feature request.

Thanks already!

DavidGretzschel

Don't forget the Notes-editor. Cause that keeps all the normal TB/toolbar-stuff and adds huge stack of nonsense.
And all those icons are a throwback to the olden times before color television for some reason 🙂
Like if you force me to look at your symbols, at least make them colorful to distinguish them quickly. [I mean.... please don't do that, just make them turn-offable, please]
Those monitors display color for a reason. [but modern UI is undeniably in love with this stupid retro thing]
Absurdly, my user icon adds the only drop of color into this and I'm white!
Notice how there's vertical space reserved for absurdly long Thought-names or a Thought with an absurd number of Attachments. That info can already be read out from the tabs-bar!
redundant thought name.png
Also why is there even a tab-bar, when only one tab is open? So I can click the little "plus" instead of ctrl+t? This is really grating, when you have five windows (or more) open and all of this space is wasted.
I could have 10 instead of 8 windows open on my monitor, if there wasn't so much waste.
Or I could have more space for other programs left.
This is the equivalent of putting your bag on the seat next to you in a crowded bus. Not very considerate.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

--
---
---

HarmenB
Indeed!!! (some of us) have a big screen , but then in thebrain it gets wasted with menus instead of information....... at least that's how it feels..... This screen inefficiency has come up in the newer TheBrain versions and wasn't this much in the older versions.....

So it should get attention from TheBrain staff because it narrows down the space for REAL information........
NickMilner
Also why is there even a tab-bar, when only one tab is open? 

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 22.30.10.png 

😉
DavidGretzschel

@NickMilner
Well yeah, but most everybody actually uses lots of tabs in Chrome.
Me too, though I'm making myself unlearn that muscle memory, as it's inefficient.

I really have the space for more windows.

--
---
---

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software