warpelican Show full post »
wadesmart
Ok. Didnt see that one the first time. Sorry. I got it and it works fine. It started up and then flashed on and off about five times really fast. It was doing something, like the screen was drawing something but I couldnt see what. When it was done the screen presented itself, the little light blue screen saying what it was, and it was fine from there forward. I have it running now and Im starting to set it up.

Thanks working this issue out. Its rare that a company actually takes time to figure out the problem and gets the software working. Im very impressed that you guys are really getting after it. Keep up the good work.

Wade

hamagubur
Hi! Can you quickly explain me howto install the archive version? With the normal "sh PersonalBrain_unix_6_0_4_8.sh" i get some errors as posted before:
Starting Installer ...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/install4j/runtime/launcher/Launcher
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.install4j.runtime.launcher.Launcher
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
Could not find the main class: com.install4j.runtime.launcher.Launcher.  Program will exit.

I have chosen the nsun-java as default:
  Selection    Alternative
-----------------------------------------------
*         1    /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-sun/bin/java
 +        2    /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk/bin/java

I have unpacked the tar.gz (tar -zxvf PersonalBrain_unix_6_0_4_8.tar.gz) and then I don't know how to continue...

Thaks for yor help!

Max

Moe
Max, Try installing using the zip archive see here.

Thanks,
Moe
cd

Hi all,

i remember having issues with blank screens in Java for some time now and since i have no Beryl/Compiz enabled and setting the AWT-MToolkit didn't fix all issues, here's another fact:

Sometimes borderless windows (i.e. "No window decorations") causes the same issue.

As I use PB on a netbook with small screen real estate, i turn off window decorations (no title bar e.g.). For some reasons, setting the java options found in my signature works fine for me (an in the case i do have a white window - happens when hitting F2 from time to time - i turn on window decorations (on Ubuntu by hitting Alt+Space then D) and it shows the contents nicely.

My workaround is to add the following java-options to .bashrc:

export _JAVA_OPTIONS='-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=lcd -Dswing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel -Dawt.toolkit=sun.awt.motif.MToolkit'

Thought to add this here for anyone with this specific issue.

Cheers
Chris

-- 9.0.250.0 (9.0.250.0) on Mac OS X 10.12.6
   Old enough to remember Natrificial times...

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software