Mike8Austin
Brain has locked up on me 4 times so far today, without a clear pattern of what action is causing the freeze. This is a complete system lockup causing me to have to hard reboot the system.

After the first freeze and hard reboot, I brought up Brain without any other applications to be sure Brain was the problem, and I have run all the other apps I typically run without Brain running to see if my system would freeze without it. The freezes occur only with Brain running, and they occur while using Brain.

I am using the *support* tip to expose the rebuild database option and am rebuilding the database to see if that will fix the problem.

Brain: 7.0.4.1
Java: J-1.7.0
MikeA
Mike8Austin
My system went off into the weeds during the database rebuild (actually during the index rebuild). At this point I feel forced to uninstall 7.0.4.1 and reinstall 7.0.3.8 until I hear good reason to move forward with any later versions.
MikeA
Mike8Austin
After much consternation, research, and exasperation, I believe I have found the source of my problem. Early yesterday I was forced to download the latest version of RealPlayer to be able to watch a corporate webcast. This caused the @*#$^%@(! realsched.exe file to run and start a background process when I start or restart my system and I have had problems with that process many, many times in the past. I finally completely uninstalled RealPlayer, rebooted my system, and now Brain runs fine.

So, WARNING! The realsched.exe process is notorious for causing problems with other programs and for eating up huge amounts of CPU time in certain circumstances.
MikeA

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software