sparekh
All of a sudden I've got some kind of an issue with my install of TheBrain (free version) on my desktop but not on my laptop.  I've uninstalled Java and TheBrain (with Revo Uninstaller so I did a deep removal).  Once installed, The Brain works fine but if I try to open a existing brain or create a brain and open it, the application quits with no error dialog.  Not sure what is causing this issue.  Ideas?
pthompson
sparekh,

Please try this: 

1. Close TheBrain application and Navigate to (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming) on your machine. 

2. Delete any (PersonalBrain) folder if one exists and you are no longer using or no longer have PersonalBrain 6 or lower installed. 

3. Open any (TheBrain) folder and delete both preference files: (TheBrain7Preferences.bak) and (TheBrain7Preferences.xml)

Once these steps have been completed please try restarting TheBrain. 

sparekh
No dice.  I did have a PersonalBrain folder.  Killed that and then the other files.  Didn't work.  Then I killed the entire TheBrain folder and that still didn't work.  :-/
pthompson
sparekh,

What version of Java do you have installed? If you are not using the latest version, Java7, Update 9, it's a good idea to upgrade.
sparekh
Thinking Java was my problem, I uninstalled it and let the Brain installer decide what version it wanted.  I think it installed some JRE version.
sparekh
Any more suggestions or am I just hosed?
pthompson
sparekh,

Are you now currently using the latest version of Java and still having the same issue? Perhaps we can setup a web meeting to troubleshoot this in person. If you would like to do this, please contact support directly at support.thebrain.com or by emailing support@thebrain.com so we can schedule something.
sparekh
Yup - I've uninstalled The Brain and Java, reinstalled Java JRE 7.9, reinstalled the Brain and still same result. No other things I can try before getting support on the line?
zoner
1. What Is your desktop OS.

2. Can you post the log file for review.

3. If you have TheBrain installed on a Windows machine, what's your install path, can you try installing in another directory outside of program files(x86) and see if you still run into the same issue.

4. Maybe its the location your opening your brain from, what if you move your existing brain into another directory then try opening it, or try creating a new brain in another direcory, do you still run into the same issue.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software