Kriggel23
Again, I tested an import of a TB8-Brain into TB9.

My positive findings:
  • pins are imported as well
  • reports (orphan, parentless) seem to work
  • the cmd-1 to cmd-8-problem as reported for 9.0.98 is solved
Negative:
  • version still not stable
  • it's still slow (sample: Preferences > Keyboard, just scroll down ...)
  • a lot of thoughts lost their attachments during import
  • attachment was duplicated during import / file was attached two times to the same thought.
I will try to import XML, BrainZIP. If the problems can be reproduced this way, I'll send you a copy.

Regards,
Kriggel23

mcaton
Kriggel,

Thanks for posting.  Yes!  We'd love to have a copy of this Brain for further testing.  I'll continue testing on the issues you have mentioned. 

Was a specific file type attachment missing or duplicated in your test?

Thanks again for the feedback,
Matt
Kriggel23
Matt,

most attachments missing are TIF-files, but I identified some PDF as well as not being imported.
Duplicates are PDF only.

Import BrainZIP into TB9: App terminated, wants to send an error report to Apple.

Kriggel23
Kriggel23
Just tried to import an XML into TB9, exported by TB8.
Got message: "Unfortunately it is impossible to import this file."

Kriggel23

[Update] In Output.log, I found the warning "Import XML failed with messgae Object reference not set to an instance of an object." (Please note: "messgae" instead of "message")

mcaton
Replicated the Brain 8 XML import error and documented.  Documented the spelling error in the Output file as well.

I spoke with engineering about scrolling speed though the keyboard shortcut list.  Not sure if we'll be able to fix anything there, but we will take a look.

Testing continues on the dup and missing files on import.  Still happy to test on your .brainzip copy if possible.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software