Again, I tested an import of a TB8-Brain into TB9.
- on start of import of a BrainZIP (appr. 40GB), TB9 exits immediately, each time I tried without any message
- on import of a TB8 XML (appr. 140GB), I get the message: "Unfortunately it is impossible to import this file. The file doesn't match the format. The reason: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
o TB8 brain can be imported into TB9, BUT …
- when the import is completed, the message is displayed: "There were 3 attachments found that could not be connected to a Thought or link. These attachments have been added to the 'Orphaned Attachments' Thought." // Well, it's only one attachment, and, in TB8, this attachment / the related thought seems to be ok.
- found thoughts in TB9 where …
- - not all parent thoughts from TB8 were linked to
- - new parent thoughts were linked in TB9 (!!)
- - not all jump thoughts from TB8 were linked to
- - not all child thoughts were linked in TB9
- - lost their attachments (mainly TIF-files, but PDF as well, seldom other file types)
- - a duplicate thought was created, without any relations to other thoughts
- Got the error "TheBrain has encountered an error and will now close."
+ .107 is faster than .101
TB8 seems to have no problems with the brain in question, but the TB9 import still stumbles on … what? Can it be that there are some errors in the database of TB8, which do not bother TB8, but make the import into TB9 fail? What about a "check and repair"-function in TB8?