mcaton Show full post »
mcaton
Dan,

We'd REALLY love to see a copy of the Brain itself if you are willing to share.  You can send a Brain 8 Brainzip to support@thebrain.com or contact us there for further, secure upload instructions.

Additionally, in TheBrain 9 - click on Help > Open Log Directory and you'll go directly to the Output.log location.

Thank you,
Matt
cloidl

Unfortunately even with version 9.0.89 I'm not able to complete the import

4-21-2016 2-46-40 PM.jpg 

mcaton
Christian,

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.  This error message tells me that you have a file attachment in your old Brain that is too long for Windows to handle (this is a Windows limitation).  TheBrain 8 wasn't evolved enough to notice the problem, but v9 does see it.  I'll write up a feature request to have the error actually display the name of the file so you can find it easier.  In the mean time, you might want to open this Brain in v8 to see if you can locate the long file.  Rename or remove it and try your import again.  Additionally - you may have more than one...

Thank you,
Matt
ptc22030
I have not been able to import my Brain 8 brain into Brain 9 despite multiple attempts.

I have brainzip'd the brain and sent to tech support (3 months ago) with no response.

I tried again today with Brain 9.0.89.0, and now I get no errors, but after import zero thoughts.

Any way to trouble-shoot this process?  

I am using a Mac version of Brain 9, with OS 10.11.4.

Thanks!
pthompson
ptc22030,

Sorry for not updating you on this. I just tried importing your BrainZip on both Mac and Windows and do not see any major issue now. There is a notification about an orphaned attachment after importing
Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 1.29.38 PM.png 
but I still am able to open the Brain and view the Thoughts. When you say, "but after import zero thoughts." do you mean that you can open the Brain but no Thoughts are shown? Any additional information you can share will help us troubleshoot this issue. Thank you.
ptc22030
Thanks Patrick!   Turns out I was misinterpreting the Brain 9 home screen, and my Brain 8 brain *does* import successfully into Brain 9 at this point.   

I'm looking forward to the production version of Brain 9 ... such a great look-and-feel and responsiveness.

As of now I can't sync my Brain9 version with the cloud ... is that disabled?
zenrain
Quote:
As of now I can't sync my Brain9 version with the cloud ... is that disabled?

It's not disabled, but they are still tracking down issues around synchronization. You might email support and let them know the error you are getting, as well as the contents of the log files (and they probably will still want a copy of your TheBrain database).

The easiest way to get to the log files is with TheBrain 9 open choose Help > Open Log Directory.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
Thanks zenrain for sharing that info; all good. ptc22030, is there any particular message you're seeing where trying to sync?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software