k4kaz
I am trying to get my head around how to combine the use of File Manager and TheBrain, or even whether it is worth doing. I have over the years collected hundreds of items for my talks, articles, sermons, book writing etc. My initial thought was to use the power TheBrain by linking individual files to each thought.That way if I had a talk whose main topic was for example about perseverance, it would sit as a child under a Perseverance parent. If I had quotes from 2 or 3 sources it could also link to those, maybe to some other authors etc. But then I thought perhaps as I already have a structure within File Manager, then perhaps it would be sufficient just to replicate that in TheBrain. But then why use thebrain. Or should I try and keep the thoughts as a more dynamic structure that would offer a different view of the 2D file manager structure I have.

Any advice from experienced people much appreciated

Thank you

SteveZ
First of all, PB can import the file structure automatically, so it isn't difficult or time consuming. Second, you can use PB to make associations among your files which File Manager can't.

Check out this tutorial for more insight into this topic:

Steve
k4kaz
Brilliant thank you SteveZ so much more to learn. I think that one of the things that has stopped me manually importing files one at a time into the brain was the sheer volume. You have just taken that away, thank you

kaz

steve625
Quote:
I have over the years collected hundreds of items for my talks, articles, sermons, book writing etc. My initial thought was to use the power TheBrain by linking individual files to each thought.

I use personal brain for the format you described above.  Here is a link to a similar post you might find interesting.  I use keywords as parents and jump links to other thoughts that contain a strong connection.  Writing notes, journal entries, all combine to create a very powerful personal filing system. 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software