enkidu Show full post »
enkidu

Version 7.9.0.9 – Beta
September 9, 2013
• Updated set of built-in icons

Er.... ok,

8.0.0.0 - 7.9.0.9 : we still got 91 dot-releases to go until v8
with an average of 30 days between betas, that's 7.5 years ...

A question of courage, or of faith ...

cheers
enkidu
HeinrichUnger

And each year of this 7,5 half the enterprise want us to pay a combo to get the updates for free?

I like the brain, but I will not buy a new combo next year if there is significant update in this year. 

Mindjet as one of the competitors did two updates in the meantime.

Alibarschel
Fully agree. TheBrain is one of those examples where a good idea gets completely screwed by lack of competence on part of the company. There are so many mandatory and additional features waiting to get implemented, they will never be able to get things done. Waiting for the day some competitive company just releases an ontological documentary software. Paid for verison 5 to 7. Actually paying for these minor difference thy call a verison upgrade is just ridicilous. But ultimatively TheBrain is indeed brain dead now.
Thomas Gentner
HeinrichUnger
ontological documentary  .. sounds interesting - what is the Name of the Software?

In the meantime I found out, that on a hidden internal side of TheBrain there is a lot of documentation in release notes of beta Versions they do. The Features sounds good, but would be necessary to see it in Praxis if it is a huge developement step for thebrain.

BR
Heinirch
mctrexler
I'm a bit puzzled.  When I "check for updates" it tells me that 7.0.4.5 (July 2012) is the most current release.   Where are all these betas and what do they mean if 7.0.4.5 is the most current release?
zenrain
There is a beta for internal use only that was mistakenly linked to by a forum member. Once that internal beta has been tested it will become a external beta test and will be posted here.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
HeinrichUnger
Most current "official" release it should be.

This means it is a release which is given to the customers.

The other internal Releases are not for public use.

I and some other user found it strange, that there is obviously nothing developped. 7.0.4.5 as the end of the way of thebrain. Some of us tried to get more Information, and one (do not know who) founds the internal betas. And we are happy about this, because this means thebrain is not dead.

Thebrain Information politic is, for us few customers, not really understandable, but this is the decision of thebrain, and they have the right to do it their own way. Nevertheless it is anoying a lot of people

BR
Pinky
+1 for annoyed customer.

Could someone reply with the link to the beta releases?

I need to confirm that The Brain is not dead...

Pinky
pthompson
TheBrain 8 Beta can now be downloaded for public use. More information here.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software